Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Bee62

Location (City and/or State)
Germany
I don't now and have never had a filter...so I've been staying off of social media...and here...BORING...
BORING ? May you tell me or us in which? motorbike club you had been ? I`ve read something about the 1 % bikers ..... I always thought you are an ?. ( no, please don`t beat me..... )

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
You feeling bad again? Fingers crossed it is just the flue.
I don't feel badly.
I have some symptoms that normally wouldn't concern me. This virus just made me paranoid.
I don't want to spread it....(If I'd had it. Which apparently I don't)
Thanks, though.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Well done ! You know what is good for your health. ?I wish that more people would know that.
Thanks ? But someone told someone! Echinacea was the only isle empty in the immune health section at Sprouts a few days ago. And price on Amazon almost doubled when I let it sit in my cart for a day....

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Thanks ? But someone told someone! Echinacea was the only isle empty in the immune health section at Sprouts a few days ago. And price on Amazon almost doubled when I let it sit in my cart for a day....
Yes the business I order from is out also...but it's one thing I "hoard" anyway. So I have some bottles. That's so wonderful if people will go ahead and take it right now and not just buy it up. I don't think that will happen. Most of the other kind are trying to save their butts by buying? tp.

Sue Ann

chapin , South Carolina
I'm honestly more worried about paying my bills than I am the illness. My 88 year old grandmother lives with me and I do worry for her. I went to 5 stores this morning and they're all out of Toilet paper, paper towels, bread, and water.
Try Ace Hardware or tractor supply they have paper towels and toilet paper and cleaning supplies. People forget to try alternatives

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I don't feel badly.
I have some symptoms that normally wouldn't concern me. This virus just made me paranoid.
I don't want to spread it....(If I'd had it. Which apparently I don't)
Thanks, though.
I'm going through that too. My brother got a cold last of February. I managed to fight it off by staying home...kept him home also and he mostly got over it. But it still makes you wonder because some people don't actually get bad symptoms. We are both over 60 so I'm glad the government shut things down for awhile. At least we didn't share it back or forth outside our home.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Here is something that makes no sense to me. Perhaps someone can help me understand.

I know where the concept of the 6 feet between people comes from. I had a vet in college that taught us as a general rule there needed to be at least 6 feet between animal cages to greatly reduce the chances of spreading most contagious diseases.

What is 6 feet between people going to do when this C19 is supposedly able to survive on airborne micro droplets for 3 hours, and on surfaces for days? It makes no sense.

I know of a lot of people who've been sick this year, all recovered, tested negative for flu, and the symptoms line up perfectly with C19. If this thing spreads this easily, I can't imagine that anyone in this country hasn't already been exposed to it, myself included. Like any sickness, exposure is not a guarantee that you'll become sick and show symptoms. Some people's immune systems simply fight it off.

Something is fishy here. Very fishy. Red herring fishy. Now we have a Universal Basic Income plan being proposed and supported by both sides? Free gift money for everyone adding up to trillions? We're being played. We're so screwed...

Skambouris

Losantville
You just put into words what I have been feeling and simmering on for weeks, and you did it with unparalleled eloquence and candor. Thank you. I'm sharing this with fiends and family.
Thank you for these true words. It is exacly how I feel too.
Thx for the positive truths. You expressed your point in a way that allows me to align itt all w common sense. Apreciate that

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
Here is something that makes no sense to me. Perhaps someone can help me understand.

I know where the concept of the 6 feet between people comes from. I had a vet in college that taught us as a general rule there needed to be at least 6 feet between animal cages to greatly reduce the chances of spreading most contagious diseases.

What is 6 feet between people going to do when this C19 is supposedly able to survive on airborne micro droplets for 3 hours, and on surfaces for days? It makes no sense.

I know of a lot of people who've been sick this year, all recovered, tested negative for flu, and the symptoms line up perfectly with C19. If this thing spreads this easily, I can't imagine that anyone in this country hasn't already been exposed to it, myself included. Like any sickness, exposure is not a guarantee that you'll become sick and show symptoms. Some people's immune systems simply fight it off.

Something is fishy here. Very fishy. Red herring fishy. Now we have a Universal Basic Income plan being proposed and supported by both sides? Free gift money for everyone adding up to trillions? We're being played. We're so screwed...
Universal Basic Income for all and fining citizens who congregate in groups of 10.

Las Vegas & Henderson equal to almost 1 million people. As of March 22 there has been 151 cases and 4 related deaths Corona 19. First death occurred March 16th - a man in his 60’s with underlying health conditions. All 3 following Corona 19 related deaths were also people over 60 with underlying health conditions. The Corona 19 info coming from the cities website reported from The Southern Nevada Health District. https://cityofhenderson.com/fire/covid-19-info/flu-coronavirus-prevention
The Health District does not provide information on those 4 individuals underlying health conditions. WHICH I feel would be helpful to the public. There were a couple thousand people tested. I am guessing there was reason for testing those couple thousand people. Anyone care what those sick people had?

ZenHerper

New Jersey

Not fishy at all.

It's just a layer of pro-social behavior modification that keeps us all present to the Awareness that we are in a risky situation.

If you set your brain to keep a 6-foot distance, you won't instinctively hug or shake hands or kiss a friend. You can't reach! Your brain remains mindful of the fact that surfaces are an issue; you make a continuous mental note to wash your hands properly at the next available sink.

18% of known-infected people require hospitalization. I don't want to be hospitalized. I don't want to be tubed and put on a ventilator. I don't want to wake up and have them hand me the bill. I don't want to wake up and find that My Person has died. Alone. And that my pets have been confiscated by animal control and re-homed.

I don't want to be the cause of that happening to other people in my community, or across the country.

The way we manage influenza viruses in the U.S. is crap. That is not a good excuse for mismanaging this situation.

The smart choice is to do whatever we can think of to protect ourselves. The pro-social choice is to do whatever we can think of to protect others.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga

I used to be somewhat of a conspiracy theorist but I've tuned a lot of that the past few years to not focus on negativity so much. I gotta agree though. I've got that feeling too, something fishy going on.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
So my grocery store advised they would be open from 6a to 9a for senior citizens to shop. I normally shop on Thursday, so this fit right into my plan. I set the alarm (something I haven't had to do for many, many years) and subsequently woke up every hour on the hour so I would be certain to be awake before the alarm jangled my nerves. I finally woke up and got up at 5a. Got ready and took care of my morning ablutions and left the house at a quarter to 6. The good old boy network was waiting at the door when I got there - all old men, no women. I waited in my car until they unlocked the door, then went in and did my shopping. I may as well have waited and taken care of it at a decent hour. . . there was no T-paper, no paper towels, no bread. Next Thursday I'll just wait and shop at my normal time.

Fluffy

10 Year Member!
West Virginia
It's not complicated. There is no reason to worry about statistics that are unreliable at best and will work themselves out in time. This virus is twice as contagious as the normal flu that most people try to compare it to. We have no approved medicine to treat those affected. We have no vaccine to prevent you from contracting this virus. We learned quickly that our country was not prepared to handle anything of this magnitude. This is not a time to get political or judgmental. This is going to get worse before it gets better and the actions of everyone will determine how many lives are lost and how long this lasts. This virus is here to stay but in another year we will be prepared to manage it and it will be no worse then the flu everyone wants the covid-19 to be compared to. Please listen to the CDC and WHO. Follow their guidelines and be safe. There is no reason to panic or hoard. I hope everyone here and everyone we know stays safe. Fingers crossed a year from now we are all here with nothing to talk about but our hobbies.

queen koopa

Las Vegas Nevada
It's not complicated. There is no reason to worry about statistics that are unreliable at best and will work themselves out in time. This virus is twice as contagious as the normal flu that most people try to compare it to. We have no approved medicine to treat those affected. We have no vaccine to prevent you from contracting this virus. We learned quickly that our country was not prepared to handle anything of this magnitude. This is not a time to get political or judgmental. This is going to get worse before it gets better and the actions of everyone will determine how many lives are lost and how long this lasts. This virus is here to stay but in another year we will be prepared to manage it and it will be no worse then the flu everyone wants the covid-19 to be compared to. Please listen to the CDC and WHO. Follow their guidelines and be safe. There is no reason to panic or hoard. I hope everyone here and everyone we know stays safe. Fingers crossed a year from now we are all here with nothing to talk about but our hobbies.
Well the general public panicked and hoarded. And why wouldn’t they as a whole when their city is shut down and all they see is empty shelves from TV, social media, and in person? Mixed statistics from all over the globe, Americans losing 100’s of thousands, schools shut down, people can’t go to the dr for regular things, and Yvonne still cannot get toilet paper or bread! WTH