Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Maryland’s Gov Hogan just announced that effective tonight at 8 pm they are enforcing a much stricter stay at home edict. No unnecessary travel. Non-essential businesses to close. Stay home to stay safe. Walking about is fine. Going for groceries is fine. Traveling to the shore for some sunshine, not so good.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I just tried to buy some dry cat food using my chewy.com account and all of the "common" Purina brands are "out of stock." People are treating this lock down like some sort of end of the world apocalypse. Since I'm almost out of cat food, I had to buy a sack of the more expensive brand.

I have 6 rolls of T-paper left in the linen closet. There have been no paper products on the store shelves for weeks. Price gouging is illegal, however, trying to buy T-paper online costs way more than in the stores, plus there's shipping. I started off at Walmart.com, and all their T-paper says, "in store sales only." Yeah, right. (I do have a nicely growing banana plant that @Turtulas-Len sent me a couple years ago, but I doubt that'll be very absorbing.
Almost every store here has a system that allows shoppers over 60 to buy products early. Before the store would normally open.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Never thought I'd say this but I'm so happy to be back at work lol. Shout out to all my fellow essential warehouse workers and the truck drivers hauling it out there!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Never thought I'd say this but I'm so happy to be back at work lol. Shout out to all the essential warehouse workers and truck drivers hauling loads out there!
I still hold my class A with hazardous endorsement. (We had a fuel truck project that never got funding)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
My job is slammed, I guess people are hoarding electrical supplies too?
Cooking oil, bleach, eggs, bread and meat are back in some quantities.
Still no wipes, alcohol or TP.
The virus is not slowing down yet. But it seems that the hoarding scare might be calming down?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I just tried to buy some dry cat food using my chewy.com account and all of the "common" Purina brands are "out of stock." People are treating this lock down like some sort of end of the world apocalypse. Since I'm almost out of cat food, I had to buy a sack of the more expensive brand.

I have 6 rolls of T-paper left in the linen closet. There have been no paper products on the store shelves for weeks. Price gouging is illegal, however, trying to buy T-paper online costs way more than in the stores, plus there's shipping. I started off at Walmart.com, and all their T-paper says, "in store sales only." Yeah, right. (I do have a nicely growing banana plant that @Turtulas-Len sent me a couple years ago, but I doubt that'll be very absorbing.
AMAZON is staging a walk out....
So you might not have gotten your TP, period.

Axelay2003

Difficult to get N95 masks. I will not be able to return to work full force until May 8th per our Governor orders. I'm enjoying my little retirement. I always wanted to get things done at home.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Difficult to get N95 masks. I will not be able to return to work full force until May 8th per our Governor orders. I'm enjoying my little retirement. I always wanted to get things done at home.
I hope it works out.
With my wife and I both home. We haven't accomplished SQUAT.

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Cooking oil, bleach, eggs, bread and meat are back in some quantities.
Still no wipes, alcohol or TP.
The virus is not slowing down yet. But it seems that the hoarding scare might be calming down?

We needed a flapper for a leaking toilet. Decided to stop by our discount liquor store after HomeDepot... Ogh my gosh! A very very long line out the door & down the sidewalk to the Target. It appeared they were only permitting a certain number of folks in at a time. But, this is a massive store, the size of a typical “Sams Club”.... with a line! Not even at New Years or Fourth of July are there lines. /I guess the Governors lockdown tonight has ppl panicking again/

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
We needed a flapper for a leaking toilet. Decided to stop by our discount liquor store after HomeDepot... Ogh my gosh! A very very long line out the door & down the sidewalk to the Target. It appeared they were only permitting a certain number of folks in at a time. But, this is a massive store, the size of a typical “Sams Club”.... with a line! Not even at New Years or Fourth of July are there lines. /I guess the Governors lockdown tonight has ppl panicking again/
Part of that no more than 10 people congregating no doubt

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Almost every store here has a system that allows shoppers over 60 to buy products early. Before the store would normally open.
I went to my store at 6a (when they allow seniors to shop) and the paper products shelves were bare.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Macy's (About to go bankrupt anyway) just furloughed without pay 130,000 employees after qualifying for the government bailout.
This has greatly impacted 2 of my very best friends.
Support your local retailers when you can. Not chains.
Macy's is covering their heath insurance cost through the end of May. Hopefully some if not all will be able to go back to work by then

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Did you get your flapper? I've got an extra I can send you.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Today, my brother tells me that he won't be allowed into the delivery room when his wife gives birth in the next 10 days.
All of our local hospitals are busting at the seems.
That ain't right.

A beloved family friend passed away on Saturday (Not C19 related.) and we still don't know if there is going to be any sort of funeral.

I was just thinking to myself yesterday: Not a good time to get married, be born, or die.

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
it’s pretty clear that tangerine chump has got no better idea what his government should be doing right now than the leader of any other country
the population of the US is around 330 million 5x that of the UK or Italy , I assure you no country will bail out the US , we won't be airlifting people to neighboring countries , if anything it'll be the other way around …….. the mortality rate here at this point is 1.7% , the mortality rate in the UK appears around 6.3% , Italy 11% , spain 8.5% , france 7% hopefully these numbers are bias towards fatalities , personally i can't see how they are not ……the US first case was , i believe , jan 22 , 9 days before Italy or the uk , it appears to have killed .000021-.000025% of the population in the uk and italy , in the US it appears to have killed .000008% , at this point , our "tangerine chump" seems to be doing 2.5x better than his counterparts in Italy and the UK ??????? to not look ahead and weigh the economic repercussions in a country of 330 million people would take an absent minded idiot , the "tangerine chump's" predicament is unique in the world ……... nursing homes have in the recent past been decimated by the flu ???? you do realize in nursing homes those residents receive flu vaccines ? I still believe something like >5% on average die from the flu every year ……...the nursing home referred to in washington state was a hole , with countless health violation , i don't believe what happened there has happened anywhere else in the US ?????