Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Tom... Shhh!! Don’t tell my hubby that. We already have enough ammo around here to furnish our own army.
I like people who are prepared. PREpared. As in: Get ready before you are in the middle of a problem. If you are ever out west, stop by and visit!

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
??‍♀️ Oh no. You too?? That’s the response when the 20lbs box from ammo depot shows up. “We can never have enough.” Our gun club is shut for now or else he would have us up there every weekend now that the weather is pretty here. Meg=smallish girl, so running several mags through some of our stuff results in bruises. Sooo not looking forward to practice time with his newest toy. Yes, he bought an AK. Ugh!
-Meg

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Tom:: I get you and agree completely. I compete every year in the gun clubs competitions, mostly so I can see how I am doing.
But the military precision of hubbys teachings are a bit much at times. I grew up as a country girl so guns where trained at an early age, but more in regards to a way to obtain food.
And the dogs are another training session on their own. Modified shutzhund. They go with a lot when we are practicing. I only have one that is gun shy.
-Meg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
??‍♀️ Oh no. You too?? That’s the response when the 20lbs box from ammo depot shows up. “We can never have enough.” Our gun club is shut for now or else he would have us up there every weekend now that the weather is pretty here. Meg=smallish girl, so running several mags through some of our stuff results in bruises. Sooo not looking forward to practice time with his newest toy. Yes, he bought an AK. Ugh!
-Meg
My AKs cut my fingers and hands. No bruises.
And an AR15 is a puppy dog.
Are you firing some giant bolt action gun or a shotgun?

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
You name it we probably have one laying in the gun room(yeah normal ppl don’t have entire rooms). Not a big fan of any of our ARs. Several shotguns which I don’t particularly like either. Couldn’t even name all the assorted rifles. I am not a long gun person. I appreciate what they can do, but not a fan of spending hours firing them. I always end up with shoulder bruising. And some of the bolt action stuff leaves weird callouses on my hands.

Hand guns. I can fire either handed accurately. But my hands are small enough that if I haven’t done it in awhile the 10mm, 44, 45 all make my hands hurt after awhile and feel bruised the next day. And anything in the desert eagle family, (baby!-haha-right) is the Devil.
-Meg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tom:: I get you and agree completely. I compete every year in the gun clubs competitions, mostly so I can see how I am doing.
But the military precision of hubbys teachings are a bit much at times. I grew up as a country girl so guns where trained at an early age, but more in regards to a way to obtain food.
And the dogs are another training session on their own. Modified shutzhund. They go with a lot when we are practicing. I only have one that is gun shy.
-Meg
You are awesome. If there was a way we could choose our family, I'd choose you and your hubby!

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I don't do guns. I had an antique hand gun left to me by a distant uncle, a 22 rifle and one other gun I don't remember, and I gave them both to my son in law. Not interested in even having guns in the house.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Zero:: that’s why I have become the queen of the reload. Lol Yes, it’s an expensive hobby, but I “let” him do that and he “lets” me have the tortoise and my cars. LMAO Hoping to sneak a turtle in when he’s not looking.

Tom:: Exactly. Thank you. I have found more ppl on here that I “jive” with than IRL.

-Meg

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Yvonne: And I can respect that as well. Unfortunately I have had two situations that would have probably gone a lot differently if I hadn’t had one. Had a guy here at the house a year ago trying to break into the house and cars. Drugged out and acting extremely neurotic. He didn’t realize I was home and my dogs are trained to be quiet. Had he gotten into the house it would have been much worse for the dogs than him. We are in one of those lovely counties where a dog bite results in quarantining of the dog which owner pays for and more often than not the dog is put down for its “act of violence”. And I am no longer a holder of any certification to prove my dogs training. I had a fully trained papered dog when I lived in Georgia and I was assisting in teaching classes. I tried to run him off multiple times and finally had to hold him at gun point until the police arrived. Little did I know he had a bunch of the neighbors stuff stashed in a duffle bag and weapons. The neighbor up the road called the cops when the guy came out of another neighbors house. It took the cops 30mins to get here. They knew the dude and took special precautions to handle him as he’s “diseased” and a spitter.

Another night I went up to meet hubby at work so we could go to a local concert. Had what I thought was a drunk passed out on his car, and it’s common here for that to happen. I yelled at him at a distance as I was dialing 911. Hubby came out. And hubby is a big dude, think JJ Watt/Gronkowski/ football player. So dummy butt decided he was gonna “slide” dude off his car. Hubby can’t be armed at work. Well surprise dude came at him with a knife and wasn’t drunk at all. So I pulled my firearm and held him til cops get there.

I am itty bitty and sometimes my firearm is the greatest equalizer I can have. I can fight hand to hand but in this day and age but I prefer to have the upper hand and space between me and them.
-Meg

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I don't do guns. I had an antique hand gun left to me by a distant uncle, a 22 rifle and one other gun I don't remember, and I gave them both to my son in law. Not interested in even having guns in the house.
If guns make you uncomfortable, then owning one probably wouldn't be able to help you if you needed it.
I completely understand.
I've never used a firearm in any way for self defense. But I'm always carrying a gun. My wife also has a carry permit. And the house has guns hidden here and there.
I grew up in the south. Raised in the woods. Guns have always been in my life.
It's a little bit like motorcycle ownership. If you buy one to be "fashionable", it'll probably not end well.

I don't know how this became a firearm thread.

Last edited:

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
In a classic case of WTF:
I ventured out this morning for our weekly spending money with my ill fitting gloves and mask....
3 different WELLS FARGO banks and 1 TD bank closed. ATM machines empty.
The 4th WELLS FARGO in a seedy area of Sunrise was open. ONE drive through line had several dozen cars in it with a line snaking around the building and pouring out into the street. ATM empty.
I drove to Hollywood because my pet store is there and found a TD bank. The location that I had a recently bad experience and it was actually open and had a smaller line.
What's next?
Banking with cash under the mattress?

20200403_115114.jpg

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Zero:: Part of the problem is the techs and “money fillers” of those ATMS are having issues getting parts to repair the machines. And like depression era ppl are pulling money like crazy afraid the banks are going to collapse. Which in turn is then causing more issues with the machines, big ugly circle.

And good job guys. Hubby heard you. I just got a box full of ammo. LMAO.

Attachments

• 05642A52-193C-46B7-A998-F1FE24F74E36.jpeg
    05642A52-193C-46B7-A998-F1FE24F74E36.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 9

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I only use my credit card, and I pay it off monthly. Since I don't eat out, I don't have a need for cash money.

If you go to the grocery store and buy a few supplies with your ATM card, then can you ask for cash back?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
I only use my credit card, and I pay it off monthly. Since I don't eat out, I don't have a need for cash money.

If you go to the grocery store and buy a few supplies with your ATM card, then can you ask for cash back?
Probably.
But I try to not use cards.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Zero:: Part of the problem is the techs and “money fillers” of those ATMS are having issues getting parts to repair the machines. And like depression era ppl are pulling money like crazy afraid the banks are going to collapse. Which in turn is then causing more issues with the machines, big ugly circle.

And good job guys. Hubby heard you. I just got a box full of ammo. LMAO.
Most of the ammo I get in the mail is Russian made WOLF. It's cheap. But its really dirty.

Pistachio's Pamperer

Tri-cities, Tennessee
Most of the ammo I get in the mail is Russian made WOLF. It's cheap. But its really dirty.
That Jesse James ammo he got today, runs price wise about the same, and I think it's pretty clean. Shoots nice too.
Where we get a lot of stuff, been happy with most of it. Even with the craziness in the world right now we got it in less than 2 weeks.

-Meg