Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
I had to leave my new job due to my back.
(I don't know why I thought I could do a 40 hour a week job)
Today at Walmart MARKETPLACE I saw that the paper isle was fully stocked with paper towels and toilet paper of all brands.
The meat was fully stocked and I bought pork and beef to make chili and a lot of fruit.
I then managed to re apply fiberglass resin to both of the pools in my primary Redfoot pen.
But after I took a shower, I was DONE.
I fell asleep at 4.
Its 9 now.
My life is getting rediculous.
lol...Yep...I am kinda laughing at you...a few days ago I turned 75...Seriously, I never expected or wanted to live this long....I didn't take care of myself in any way....
I generally get up between 3 and 4 am....I read the paper and drink coffee for a couple of hours...then I feed and care for every animal I have, and start whatever job I'm gonna do that day...I own a 3 bdrm 2 bath house with big gardens front and back and side yards to care for...I live alone without help...it took me almost 3 weeks to remove whatever blackberries I did...any thing that needs to be done...I have to do it...generally about noon I start to fade...back is killing me and legs don't want to hold me up...I force myself to do some housework...and fade out...my right hand and arm is partially paralyzed and in pain causing anything I attempt to be harder...there is always something to be done and at times I just can't do it...it used to really bother me...so much stuff needs done...but then I realized I can only do what I can do...and if I can't do it today...it will still be there tomorrow...
I guess what I'm trying in my weird way to say is...I understand and I sympathize with you, as your role as a man puts different stresses on you that isn't on me as woman...and I think you are a bunch younger than me...I used to be very bothered by being medically retired from my job at 50...but I came to realize...I don't HAVE to do anything...I have a guaranteed income...a car paid for...a nice paid for house...I do what I want whenever I want...and ya can't beat that with a stick...you now can do what you want and just play with tortoises all damn day if you want...I am sorry you have to go thru these changes my friend...

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
There is some protesting and graffiti in Broward county.
Some more severe stuff down in Dade county.
But all is calm here in the suburbs. And that's great.
Because today is the first day of hurricane season.
Yea. They were saying on the news today how many major ones expected and plans for shelters.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
lol...Yep...I am kinda laughing at you...a few days ago I turned 75...Seriously, I never expected or wanted to live this long....I didn't take care of myself in any way....
I generally get up between 3 and 4 am....I read the paper and drink coffee for a couple of hours...then I feed and care for every animal I have, and start whatever job I'm gonna do that day...I own a 3 bdrm 2 bath house with big gardens front and back and side yards to care for...I live alone without help...it took me almost 3 weeks to remove whatever blackberries I did...any thing that needs to be done...I have to do it...generally about noon I start to fade...back is killing me and legs don't want to hold me up...I force myself to do some housework...and fade out...my right hand and arm is partially paralyzed and in pain causing anything I attempt to be harder...there is always something to be done and at times I just can't do it...it used to really bother me...so much stuff needs done...but then I realized I can only do what I can do...and if I can't do it today...it will still be there tomorrow...
I guess what I'm trying in my weird way to say is...I understand and I sympathize with you, as your role as a man puts different stresses on you that isn't on me as woman...and I think you are a bunch younger than me...I used to be very bothered by being medically retired from my job at 50...but I came to realize...I don't HAVE to do anything...I have a guaranteed income...a car paid for...a nice paid for house...I do what I want whenever I want...and ya can't beat that with a stick...you now can do what you want and just play with tortoises all damn day if you want...I am sorry you have to go thru these changes my friend...
I luv you.?Sounds like my life.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Getting old sucks for sure.
But what I've got came on in a 24 month period.
It's very upsetting.
I'm 55 btw.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
It's very upsetting.
I'm 55 btw.
Yes. That is different that it took only 2 years to show up. I've always had bone problems so I made sure I got plenty of calcium but I still got osteoporosis

KronksMom

Illinois
I became perm
Yesterday we had nasty riots in Portland led by antifa...riot in Salem with damage... riot in Eugene and a f'ing peaceful demonstration here in lowly Corvallis with signs and abt 3000 social distanced and masked crowd...way to go Corvallis!!!
It's too obvious that Rodney King taught us nothing...
I was arrested in May of 1995...meaning I was 70 years old...I am 5'6" and 118 lbs and use a cane...the cop grabbed my hood, swinging me around...then body slammed me to the ground, face plant...then jumped on me with a knee in the small of my back...I was not resisting...but there is a kind of reaction you get when you are being unfairly manhandled and it looks like you are fighting back...but I think it is more of a protection reaction rather then resisting....but no matter what that reaction is/was...I did get a resisting arrest too...but I really wasn't...
Stories like this really embarrass my sister...but I am me and these odd stories and experiences are a part of who I am...unfortunately...lol
and now 5 years later the damage to the small of my back is major pain...
I worry about this sometimes. I have had a few interactions with the police and I've been very very lucky that they never put their hands on me in any way (at least since I got sick), because if they did I know I would not react well. I have a pain condition, so even a gentle hand on my back is incredibly painful. If anyone asks me to do something, I will comply completely. But if I am touched, I lose the ability to be rational. I just collapse into a ball to try to protect myself from the pain. But it's a pain that doesn't seem rational, so there's no way someone trying to handcuff me would have any patience for my BS...

KronksMom

Illinois
It's very upsetting.
I'm 55 btw.
I was a 19 year old college student who wanted to be a doctor. Then I was a 20 year old permanently disabled cripple who would never walk or work again and every doctor I saw said I needed to just accept it. I did eventually find a doctor who believed I could achieve more, and I learned how to walk again when I was 26. Now, at 33, I am married with a job. I still miss a fair amount of work and have a much more challenging life than most people, but I fight for every day. Most of them I manage to experience with the rest of the world. Against my first 10 or 15 doctors expectations.
When you go from living one way your whole life to living a completely different way, it's ok to mourn the loss of that previous life. It's almost like the old you died. But that doesn't mean that this new you can't have a wonderful fulfilling life. Just as wonderful a life as the previous life, but different. It's all about letting go of the old you and accepting your new life as it is--find the things that make this new life unique and special and worth living. They're there.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I was a 19 year old college student who wanted to be a doctor. Then I was a 20 year old permanently disabled cripple who would never walk or work again and every doctor I saw said I needed to just accept it. I did eventually find a doctor who believed I could achieve more, and I learned how to walk again when I was 26. Now, at 33, I am married with a job. I still miss a fair amount of work and have a much more challenging life than most people, but I fight for every day. Most of them I manage to experience with the rest of the world. Against my first 10 or 15 doctors expectations.
When you go from living one way your whole life to living a completely different way, it's ok to mourn the loss of that previous life. It's almost like the old you died. But that doesn't mean that this new you can't have a wonderful fulfilling life. Just as wonderful a life as the previous life, but different. It's all about letting go of the old you and accepting your new life as it is--find the things that make this new life unique and special and worth living. They're there.
Very well said
And very inspirational

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Yes. I have this bird in my yard that starts running his beak at 4am and doesn't stop all day. I'm old with breathing issues so I was considering a bb gun. But...now I get upset if he doesn't wake me up for my morning thankyous.?

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
I became perm

I worry about this sometimes. I have had a few interactions with the police and I've been very very lucky that they never put their hands on me in any way (at least since I got sick), because if they did I know I would not react well. I have a pain condition, so even a gentle hand on my back is incredibly painful. If anyone asks me to do something, I will comply completely. But if I am touched, I lose the ability to be rational. I just collapse into a ball to try to protect myself from the pain. But it's a pain that doesn't seem rational, so there's no way someone trying to handcuff me would have any patience for my BS...
So then you would understand why I was shouting I am NOT resisting but please don't handcuff my right arm...I have CRPS...and they yanked my arm behind my back, and I passed out...

KronksMom

Illinois
That's awful. I don't know how I would get by without something to take the edge off. Though for the first I don't know how many years every doctor was just like "Man, she's in a lot of pain, we'd better just keep giving her more drugs." I was just kept so stoned that I couldn't have a conversation. I wasn't even able to form memories for several years. So anything that happened during that time is just a blank. So opiates definitely don't just make everything better. But I finally found a good doctor, one of the world's leading experts on CRPS, and he told me many times, he would be willing to fight for my life just as hard as I was willing to fight for it. Now I am married, living on my own (you know, with my amazing husband), and even working. Now I take very little pain meds, and prefer to go in for surgery whenever it gets to be too much to handle. I'll be having my next series of epidural injections next month. A good surgeon, not good drugs, is really what helps. Also, I've had a spinal cord stimulator since 2007 and I upgraded to a dorsal root ganglion stimulator in 2017. I think I liked the OG stim better, but either one is better than having nothing.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
My neighbor bought this to me today.
Something that money can not buy....
A 4 pack of Lysol aerosol spray cans.
I haven't seen a single can since January
I heard on the news that those kind of cleaners are made in China and that's why they are hard to find. I don't know how true that is.

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
My neighbor bought this to me today.
Something that money can not buy....
A 4 pack of Lysol aerosol spray cans.
I haven't seen a single can since January
For the first time in months, my local Publix (in Tallahassee) had hand sanitizer for sale last week. Lysol aerosol spray cans, on the other hand... Still nada.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
For the first time in months, my local Publix (in Tallahassee) had hand sanitizer for sale last week. Lysol aerosol spray cans, on the other hand... Still nada.
I saw gallon jugs of hand sanitizer in a "save a lot" the past week in Ohio. That's also a chain of pretty good grocery stores in Florida. I'm not sure if you would have the same products.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Sometimes it's necessary to do things you shouldn't outta do...so even tho I have been isolating well...and I'm hurting like hell...I hadda go to town...too cold for the torts to go out...storming and raining...need tort food...might as well shop...since we are in stage 2 of opening Oregon I did not expect what I experienced...so many people in the store at 7 am...kids w/parents and no masks...guess social distancing and one way aisles are a thing of the past...shelves were full...I probably should hoard some hand sanitizer and send it to ya'll...I'm going to keep protecting myself as there were 5 new cases today in Benton county and 3 deaths...this thing ain't over, dumba**es...there's gonna be another wave of COVID-19...Liberal Oregon is opening up too soon...and numerous businesses who aren't supposed to open are...