Virus supplies worldwide comparison

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
PacificNorthWest
Maybe that's why so many of us are so comfortable calling people friends and knowing we'll likely never meet.
We used to have a very active member named Tortuga Mike. He and I were friends, like you and I are friends. His wifey was a model, now in Roller Derby, they are bikers. They live in Texass. Tortuga and I have a third friend who started a turtle conservancy in San Benito Texass. So I'm thinkin it was about 5 years ago, Yvonne might remember, I took off with a big noisy bird and my cat who kept trying to eat the bird, and beat feet for Texass. Or actually hot rodded there. I love a road trip. Spent a week there, and Mike and 'Cretia were there as well. I also have a very close friend in Arizona. I went to his house, met him and his wife stayed for a day I think then they rode motorcycles from Arizona here to my house in Corvallis. SO don't ever think that you won't ever meet me. I love a road trip!
100_4908.JPG

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
We used to have a very active member named Tortuga Mike. He and I were friends, like you and I are friends. His wifey was a model, now in Roller Derby, they are bikers. They live in Texass. Tortuga and I have a third friend who started a turtle conservancy in San Benito Texass. So I'm thinkin it was about 5 years ago, Yvonne might remember, I took off with a big noisy bird and my cat who kept trying to eat the bird, and beat feet for Texass. Or actually hot rodded there. I love a road trip. Spent a week there, and Mike and 'Cretia were there as well. I also have a very close friend in Arizona. I went to his house, met him and his wife stayed for a day I think then they rode motorcycles from Arizona here to my house in Corvallis. SO don't ever think that you won't ever meet me. I love a road trip!
View attachment 303268
So do I
But I'm not riding a motorcycle to the West coast.
Even for you.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I was a hermit before the COVID-19 so social distancing was SO EASY!
Me too. I can't say I don't enjoy shopping but I time it for when hardly anyone is out and about. And I always sterilize my cart.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
I didn't think they'd go barefoot necessarily, but after @Maro2Bear's comment about foot baths at public swimming places when he was younger... I was curious if perhaps there was another risk factor in there somewhere.
I think it was for athletes feet. Also after gym and a shower we had to jump on a device like a weight scale. It would powder our feet.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
Although I must say that the maybe a dozen members that a have met have all been equally wonderful in person.
That makes sense. I guess there could be an occasional troll now and then but there is so many people here trying to help their tortoise they don't matter.

Suey

England
All schools set to open beginning of September hopefully. my two grandsons haven’t been to school for quite a while now. We’re lucky where we live next to countryside and not overcrowded. We’re hearing on the news that covid 19 is spiking up again in built up areas Leicester has been put back into lockdown a couple of weeks ago and now other places might be doing the same. People are not adhering to social distancing and have been flocking to beaches, you can understand in a way as people have been in lockdown a long time and we’ve bee having really good weather here, high 20s and sometimes reaching low/ middle 30s which we don’t get very much. Lovely tortoise weather, what a difference to them when they can go outside. Think we can get everything in shops and supermarkets now but have to wear masks and queue everywhere, so nothing is the same, never thought it would come to this. We have a touring caravan and have been away twice now for a few days, on the sites they’ve introduced a wrist band method where everyone has a wrist band there are three pegs on the walls outside the ladies and gents , you hang your band on one of the pegs but if all three pegs have one on you have to wait for someone to come out before you go in. Only three allowed in at one time for toilets and showers. How are things going where you are ?

Pastel Tortie

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
North Florida
At my local Publix, the paper towel section has been rather sparse since late June. Back then I had wondered if there was excess buying and stocking up going on because the fiscal years for Florida's state government and school districts end June 30. It hasn't seemed to remedy itself, though.

Cathie G

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Lancaster
All schools set to open beginning of September hopefully. my two grandsons haven’t been to school for quite a while now. We’re lucky where we live next to countryside and not overcrowded. We’re hearing on the news that covid 19 is spiking up again in built up areas Leicester has been put back into lockdown a couple of weeks ago and now other places might be doing the same. People are not adhering to social distancing and have been flocking to beaches, you can understand in a way as people have been in lockdown a long time and we’ve bee having really good weather here, high 20s and sometimes reaching low/ middle 30s which we don’t get very much. Lovely tortoise weather, what a difference to them when they can go outside. Think we can get everything in shops and supermarkets now but have to wear masks and queue everywhere, so nothing is the same, never thought it would come to this. We have a touring caravan and have been away twice now for a few days, on the sites they’ve introduced a wrist band method where everyone has a wrist band there are three pegs on the walls outside the ladies and gents , you hang your band on one of the pegs but if all three pegs have one on you have to wait for someone to come out before you go in. Only three allowed in at one time for toilets and showers. How are things going where you are ?
We still have shortages and every store is out of alcohol (isphoral) and necessary cleaning products. Otherwise everything else is pretty much stocked. Got plenty of food and drinks nothing to clean with in other words.

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Look how pretty they are!!! IROC...International Race of Champions-Z and look at the hole in my wheel that should have those expensive small emblems
100_4874.JPG
when I start this car it's like Superman jumping into the phone booth I become "Little Suzie Badass
100_4871.JPG