Vision, Animal Plastics, etc?

Status
Not open for further replies.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NE Ohio
Does anyone use these commercial enclosures for indoor cages? I look up reviews and all of them have both good and bad reviews. I don't know what to think! I'd especially like to know opinions about Vision cages

mctlong

5 Year Member
SF Valley, SoCal
lisa127 said:
Does anyone use these commercial enclosures for indoor cages? I look up reviews and all of them have both good and bad reviews. I don't know what to think! I'd especially like to know opinions about Vision cages

Do you have a link to a webpage or pictures to the cages you're talking about?

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I have used Animal Plastics, Vision, and Neodesha cages for snakes and lizards, but never for tortoises. They are all great cages if you can afford them (or find used!). Obviously, these would be used for hatchling/juvenile tortoises as most species would outgrow them.

Animal Plastics have pretty good customer service. If you call them by phone, and tell them what you're looking for, Alli (the rep on the phone) will help you out.

You can customize Neodesha and Vision cages for different lighting needs, but I have never bought from the companies directly, so I can't speak for their PR. They are expensive, new.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Which of these do you think is the best quality and holds up? I'm looking for an adult indoor enclosure for a box turtle, not a tortoise. And Vision has some large sizes, so it should work if I decide to go that way. I just want to know about quality.

StudentoftheReptile

5 Year Member
Alabama
I will say that I have only used Animal Plastic racks (for snakes), not the cages; nor do I even know what the terrestrial cages look like as they don't have pics on their site.

Vision cages are built pretty darn solid, and are easy to clean in my opinion. They hold humidity well, so if you get the right ventiliation holes for the types of light you will be using installed in the cage you purchase, it should work great. Now a cage that size will be heavy...but so would a glass tank of similar size, and the Vision cage more durable and less likely to crack.

lisa127

10 Year Member!
NE Ohio
Ok, thanks for your help. I'll continue researching. I have trouble making decisions...lol. I would love Showcase Cages, but talk about expensive!!

Steve_McQueen

5 Year Member
Custom Cages are a lot like the Showcase Cages, but a little bit cheaper and with a lot more variety in sizing. I have one of their 4'x2'x2' cages, and it's pretty nice for what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.