Voting info (....or "do we like daylight savings time?")

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Don't get discouraged. I'm in the same boat as you. I thought I entered a great photo but now I'm thinking damn, what did I do wrong. A part of me is hoping its just being over looked because it's in the second post and not the first, lol.
I made sure to look through both posts first. I didn't see anything that wasn't adorable. I kept going back and forth on whom I'd choose. It's a very tough competition. The picture I submitted was chosen from a couple hundred I'd taken this year. I don't feel mine's the best even though I'm horribly biased.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
It's becoming clear that I should have entered one of my much more photogenic tortoises.
That's a tough crowd!

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I just snapped any old picture just to have an entry. So I took a picture of a little Texas tortoise. A very plain-looking tortoise and doesn't stand a chance against some of the beauties entered. Cripes, I didn't even vote for my own picture! That shows how plain she looks.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I just snapped any old picture just to have an entry. So I took a picture of a little Texas tortoise. A very plain-looking tortoise and doesn't stand a chance against some of the beauties entered. Cripes, I didn't even vote for my own picture! That shows how plain she looks.
Frankly, I don't think there's such a thing as a plain tortoise. They're all special in their own way.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Well, i think it's lovely.
They're all good, no exceptions.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
You should've entered BO & SO.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
It looks like it's a battle between #2 and #28 for the top prize. My meager hope is that my baby earns a month to himself this year.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Yvonne, I didn't vote for my photo either! Hahaha

I totally regret just sending in a standard photo. Especially because my particular entry is the only representative of his species...man! If it was a "good shot" it might have been a shoe in! Lol

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Yvonne, I didn't vote for my photo either! Hahaha

I totally regret just sending in a standard photo. Especially because my particular entry is the only representative of his species...man! If it was a "good shot" it might have been a shoe in! Lol

I feel your pain. Mine is the only shot of its species too.

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
Last year I did the same thing. Tried to pic the best picture but knew it wouldn't get a month. It's always good to try then to not try though. No regrets when you try!

This year I thought I entered an awesome picture. Seems others have a differing view :p

But they're all great pictures and all torts and turtles are so cute. It's always a hard choice☺️

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I really didn't have any hope of being voted for. I just snapped a picture so I could have something new to enter. And this year we've had an awful lot of entries. I can't remember how many we've had in the past, but it seems like we have a very good participation this year.

Aunt Caffy

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Texas
I've got a running tally here at work of which pictures are in the top twelve. I keep refreshing to see if there are any more votes, more specifically any more for my little guy (or girl--still don't know for sure).

DaisyDuke

10 Year Member!
I've got a running tally here at work of which pictures are in the top twelve. I keep refreshing to see if there are any more votes, more specifically any more for my little guy (or girl--still don't know for sure).

Me too My Sheldon hasn't gotten a month since 2013 and now he's tied for a spot. I'm hoping he can keep his spot. I'm really enjoying the battle between 2 and 28 though. It's like watching an election, lol.

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Also keeping a tally.
Haven't looked in the last hour, but at the last count Tidgy was one vote short of a top 12' play off' place:(..
But Still a long way to go!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
I'm sure your boss is very happy you're doing such important work :)

AnimalLady

What do the winners get?

Does this really turn into a Calendar? One that I can purchase? I want one... these are gorgeous torts! I voted blindly, didn't know who's tort was who!

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
What do the winners get?

Does this really turn into a Calendar? One that I can purchase? I want one... these are gorgeous torts! I voted blindly, didn't know who's tort was who!
its turned into a beautiful calendar. Very beautiful high quality I use mine each year after the end of the year just for the pictures

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Thanks to the person who pointed out several of these posts today to me.

There is a reason we do not say which member belongs to which photo. It's to give everybody's picture the chance to get a vote based on the picture, not who took it. (Also helps keep folks from campaigning for votes). Now while some of you are not saying "my photo is number 107" by giving clues you are actually telling us what picture is yours. Please stop.

Status
Not open for further replies.