Walnut & I would like to say Hi

Walnut's_pet

Location (City and/or State)
Connecticut
Hi all, After years years or lurking about in TF and leeching wisdom and advice (hope you dont mind) I decided to join. I have a RT named Walnut. Not sure how old she (assuming she is female based on what I've researched) is but I received her as a gift about 4 or 5 years ago (age does terrible things to the memory). Though I have Years of experience with reptiles and amphibians, I was/am surprised to find out how much I dont know about tortoises. So, it has been a learning experience for us and we're still changing things to give Walnut the best home she can have. Some concerns pop-up about her growth, health from time to time but like I said, I have gotten much info from TF that has helped her to become a bright eyed, hard-headed little thing.
Thanks,
Bob (aka.. Walnut's pet)
IMG_0039.jpgIMG_0038.jpg

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Hi all, After years years or lurking about in TF and leeching wisdom and advice (hope you dont mind) I decided to join. I have a RT named Walnut. Not sure how old she (assuming she is female based on what I've researched) is but I received her as a gift about 4 or 5 years ago (age does terrible things to the memory). Though I have Years of experience with reptiles and amphibians, I was/am surprised to find out how much I dont know about tortoises. So, it has been a learning experience for us and we're still changing things to give Walnut the best home she can have. Some concerns pop-up about her growth, health from time to time but like I said, I have gotten much info from TF that has helped her to become a bright eyed, hard-headed little thing.
Thanks,
Bob (aka.. Walnut's pet)
View attachment 320699View attachment 320698
Welcome to the forum. Walnut is gorgeous!!

Ink

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Virginia
Welcome to the forum. Cute tortoise and name!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Thanks,
Bob (aka.. Walnut's pet)
View attachment 320699View attachment 320698
Welcome, Walnut is a great looking Russian.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Bob!