Want Russian Tortoise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hairymanders

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Hello,

I am wanting to adopt adult female Russian Tortoises. I would eventually like to adopt about 3 or 4. I have 8 RTs now but only two are females and I need more females in with them to keep the males from stressing my girls out. I am not a breeder but I do enjoy these guys. They are what help me slow down and enjoy life. I have an excellent outdoor enclosure with a heat box. I am in Texas so most of the time, they get good ole sunshine naturally. I give my babies a forever home.

If you know of anyone needing to rehome their RTs please contact me. Currently though, I would really like only females because it is hard for my girls if there are too many males. Thanks for reading my post!

Also, I may be getting two tortoises out of a rehome and I will have to pay a price...redfoot and a yellowfoot and if I do this, I am open to a trade for female RTs for these two. Thanks.

Attachments

• PB103079.jpg
    PB103079.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 42
  • PB103089.jpg
    PB103089.jpg
    28.9 KB · Views: 40
  • PB102965.jpg
    PB102965.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 33
  • PB102982.jpg
    PB102982.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 32
  • PB103088.jpg
    PB103088.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 34

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
A Land Far Away...
Nice. It's hard to really judge size in pictures, so how big is your pen?

P.S. Nice to meet you.

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
Welcome! Nice pics!
Do you have to have a cover for them to keep out wildlife?

Here in MN we have too many fox, coyote, birds of prey, racoons, oppossums and stray dogs and cats to be able to have an open outdoor enclosure in the summertime.

Our neighbors do not even leave out their dogs under 20 pounds due to too many accidental dining events:(

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
Welcome and great looking torts and enclosures too! :)

hairymanders

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
barbie69 said:
Welcome and great looking torts and enclosures too! :)

Sorry, I have been busy the last couple of days and have not had a chance to check on here. Thank you for the compliments. For those who asked about the enclosure...it is really large and it has two sides and both are with covered frames that have chicken wire stretched out over the top so nothing can hurt my babies. They are very secure in there. There is no way for them to get out either. The hot box has a bottom in it and it is filled with substrate so they can burrow if needed while staying warm in there. They love it and took right to it.

I tried to put bigger photos but it didn't allow me to. If anyone wants to see larger photos of it, email me and I will send you some to you so you can see it better. It is pretty nice.

Status
Not open for further replies.