Want to adopt Russians in Florida

Tori Sparrow

Location (City and/or State)
Central Florida
I was all set to buy a couple Russian baby tortoises when I read about there being unwanted tortoises. That of course was greatly distressing. As I have taken in many unwanted pets, it seems logical that my next pets should be adopted as well (have a cat & two bunnies at present).
So, unless you want to send your darlings (sorry, I can only travel around 2-3 hours due to a broken knee), I'm looking in Florida.
Willing to travel within Florida.
Willing to cover a "rehoming fee" up to $120 for a pair.
Feel free to message me
[email protected]

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Greetings Tori,
For what reason would you be looking for a pair? In that tortoises don't want a, "snuggle" buddy, what are you thinking/considering here?

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
On a side note, one post verses allowing us to get to know you in the introduction section , would likely help. Have you considered an introduction post to help us, " get to know you"?

Tori Sparrow

Central Florida
Ken,
My general approach to pets is: I have 2 hands, 2 is good.

I have one cat because she hates other cats. Maybe I heard that Noah story too many times as a child, or maybe it's because I'm one person living on 10 acres, or perhaps I just like having sets. Honestly, one would be fine. Perhaps "I'll take up to 2," would be a more accurate portrayal of my thoughts.
And yes, intro post in my near future , still trying to master this forum

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
we have Russians that come up for adoption here every so often you might also want to put an ad on Craigslist. just a heads up , they don't do well in pairs that's why we warn against Pairs you can have 2 just keep them separate

dannylozano10

San Antonio,tx
Right now in the adoption section there are a lot of Russians in need of a home have you checked those out yet?

As of baby horsefields(Russians) I don't see any for adoption

Welcome to TFO btw!

Tori Sparrow

Central Florida
Pearly,
I posted an intro after Ken's prompting.

I understand keeping separate, I have to do that with my bunnies or they injure each other.

I'm not necessarily looking for a pair so much as I'm willing to take up to 2. One would be fine. Apparently my thoughts of "pair" being 2 of the same is not what is communicated.

And the Russians I saw are way north, though I suppose I could join those conversations.