Want to confirm sex.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zik

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Philippines
I just got a new Red-foot last night. He/she is about 8" in SCL. Just want to confirm the gender, it's a female right?

And also, what kind of Red-foot is it? 'Cause I am not familiar with identifying the type of RF torts. (Northern, Colombian, etc.)​

Attachments

• 4.JPG
    4.JPG
    126.2 KB · Views: 90

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Looks like a female to me and for the exact species you need to take more pics. Ones that are showing the carapace.

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
Okay, Eweezyfosheezy. Here are more shots of him/her. I think it's a female too, but want to get other people's second opinions as well.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    97.2 KB · Views: 42
  • 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    99.5 KB · Views: 52
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    116.3 KB · Views: 49

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Im not sure exactly what type of redfoot it is but with those pics someone else should be able to tell you.

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
Eweezyfosheezy said:
Im not sure exactly what type of redfoot it is but with those pics someone else should be able to tell you.

Okay Eweezy, thank you.

1208jen

5 Year Member
Niskayuna, NY
I don't know the sex, but I think your tortoise is very pretty. I love the colors on her head and legs!!

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
Irwin4530 said:
I vote female too!

I think so too, thanks for the second opinion, Irwin.

1208jen said:
I don't know the sex, but I think your tortoise is very pretty. I love the colors on her head and legs!!

Thank you, Jen. I love his/her colors too, especially the ones on its head, it's kinda like orange red.

Geochelone_Carbonaria

10 Year Member!
Southern part of Sweden
My "one Swedish krona" that its a female. And from the first shot I would say it's a Cherryhead depending on the marbled pattern, but since the head is so very yellow/orange I'm not sure anymore if it's a 100% Cherryhead, it might be a mix between a Cherryhead and a Northern...

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
Geochelone_Carbonaria said:
My "one Swedish krona" that its a female. And from the first shot I would say it's a Cherryhead depending on the marbled pattern, but since the head is so very yellow/orange I'm not sure anymore if it's a 100% Cherryhead, it might be a mix between a Cherryhead and a Northern...

Thank you sir/ma'am. What is your name so I can properly address and thank you. Yeah, I don't think it is a pure CH. So under which type would my Red-foot be categorized in? A Northern Red-foot?

Madkins007

10 Year Member!
Nebraska
I would saw female (about 90% sure) and basic Northerneastern- Venezuela or east (about 75% sure). it is a darker plastron than you usually see in any of the northern group, but not as dark as we usually see with the Eastern/Brazilian/cherry-head, which tends to have dark edges and lighter middles on the plastron scutes.

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
Madkins007 said:
I would saw female (about 90% sure) and basic Northerneastern- Venezuela or east (about 75% sure). it is a darker plastron than you usually see in any of the northern group, but not as dark as we usually see with the Eastern/Brazilian/cherry-head, which tends to have dark edges and lighter middles on the plastron scutes.

Ohh okay, I am really not good in identifying the types of Red-foots, I am terrible at it. Thanks, Madkins.

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
You have a female ~ 100% and like Mark mentioned, the basic Northerneastern- Venezuela type plastron markings.

JD~:D

Zik

10 Year Member!
Philippines
N2TORTS said:
You have a female ~ 100% and like Mark mentioned, the basic Northerneastern- Venezuela type plastron markings.

JD~:D

Thanks for giving your opinion as well, JD. Now I can say that my tort is a female for sure. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.