Want to see Development in egg: Fascinating

Status
Not open for further replies.

TortieLuver

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arizona
I had an egg that the mother put a small dent in upon laying in eggs but everything was still intact so I incubated it. As it got to the final process and the others started hatching, this one had lost part of its shell but as you can see, not ready to come out quite yet. It was so incredible, as I could see her head moving all around. I left her alone while checking on her daily.

142vtkw.jpg

2zzmiyv.jpg

kd6d14.jpg

vfw96s.jpg

This is her a few days later after breaking the sac. I left her in the incubator a little longer than my others. She is not outside of the incubator and thriving well like the rest of them. Pretty AWESOME if you ask me!:D
jv5fdd.jpg

2rxiq9t.jpg

xpngk0.jpg

AnthonyC

5 Year Member
New York
Wow that is SO amazing! I'm SOOOOO jealous of all of you guys that get to experience the whole breeding through hatching cycle!!!

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Christy that is so awesome. How old was the egg when you noticed the break and put it into the incubator?

Also, did she break the sack herself, or did you break it?

Stephanie

5 Year Member
Southern California
That is really fascinating! You should nickname her Mara which would be short for Maravilla (miracle to marvel at) =P

N2TORTS

5 Year Member
"Eggsellent" shots! :p
.....Very exciting for sure, I have had the chance at something very similar~ simply amazing!
JD~:)

Status
Not open for further replies.