Want to see pictures of Sulcatas, any size! Pretty Please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Hey everyone I have been trying been trying to find pictures of Sulcatas, tiny hatchlings, medium sized, and big big big ones on this form and their aren't that many. So I was hoping that as many people as possible will show off their Sulcatas on here and what they are keeping them in and how old they are:) :)
I love seeing pictures of these awesome Tortoises so please, please, please, please show em off :tort::tort::tort::):):):)

img42151dragged2.png

img42211dragged2.png

SulcataSquirt

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
Here is Squirt, he is now about 16 months old.

ipcl5u.jpg

And this is his new 4x8 tort table.

o6hg2b.jpg

B

byerssusan

Heres Phoenix who is a little over 2 months old

I took this one today
102_4738-1.jpg

Her inside enclosure ..I redid a bit though since this was taken

NewHumidBoxAddedToEnclosure2-1.jpg

And her outside enclosure.

102_4723.jpg

Well the outside enclosure I had to redo a little because the little fart kept trying to get out and was constantly flipping

Here see for yourself haha

Just click the picture andd it should play a video

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
These pictures are so awesome, I love the enclosures too, very very creative. Its crazy to think that in 15 years Gupta is going to be that big. The video was awesome, are they always so stubborn?? :tort::tort: Do all of yall keep them really humid like many of the posts say to do? Cause your torts are smooth

??Len?? said:
This is Walker, and his house, He is 15 years old.

All I can say to this is WOW thats a big tortoise. Is he really personable when they get that big?

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Kendall and Kasey

220.jpg

Dee, Dusty and Devon

KristinasPictures160.jpg

Gwen and Ella (I no longer have these two)

DSCF7583a.jpg

kris024.jpg

I do keep my babies in very humid enclosures, and spray them daily.

B

byerssusan

Wow I am loving all these pics. Glad you started this thread. And as far as stubborn?? I'm guessing yeah LOL..I can't imagine when Phoenix gets older and decides she/he wants something he/she can't have it,what the reaction will be. Yo know as far as being humid..when she is outside we have no humidty here.Arizona..I keep water in her enclosure..Spray her alot..The inside enclosure I keep humid. And soak her daily.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Kristina, on your picture of Kendall and Kasey they look really different colored than usually right? There very very very very pretty. are they sulcatas?
Do you breed and sell Sulcatas?

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
BrinnANDGupta said:
Hey everyone I have been trying been trying to find pictures of Sulcatas, tiny hatchlings, medium sized, and big big big ones on this form and their aren't that many. So I was hoping that as many people as possible will show off their Sulcatas on here and what they are keeping them in and how old they are:) :)
I love seeing pictures of these awesome Tortoises so please, please, please, please show em off :tort::tort::tort::):):):)

img42151dragged2.png

img42211dragged2.png

Attachments

• IMG_0984.JPG
    IMG_0984.JPG
    31.5 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_1126.JPG
    IMG_1126.JPG
    31.8 KB · Views: 102

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Zameric... your Sulcata is soooo pretty and smooth. Have you had him since he was a hatchling?? Im very very very curious if how you kept his shell that amazing looking. I want Gupta to look like that so bad, i really hope he does!
Thanks for posting the picture
How old is your Sulcata? :)

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
BrinnANDGupta said:
Zameric... your Sulcata is soooo pretty and smooth. Have you had him since he was a hatchling?? Im very very very curious if how you kept his shell that amazing looking. I want Gupta to look like that so bad, i really hope he does!

My wife has had Walking Rock since the day he hatched in Aug of 2000. He is 11 years old and weighs in at about 80-85 lbs. he has had a diet of cabbage, carrots and broccily most all his life. For the last 4 years he has grazed the backyard (I have 4 differant grasses for him to eat that bloom at differant times of the year) and is supplimented with dry Tortuse food. He really likes strawberries, but that is a very rare treat!..

We had to but a dogtag on his shell because he has gotten out of the yard twice... mush to the ammazment of the neibors!

Attachments

• IMG_1124.JPG
    IMG_1124.JPG
    30.1 KB · Views: 123

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Zamric said:
BrinnANDGupta said:

My wife has had Walking Rock since the day he hatched in Aug of 2000. He is 11 years old and weighs in at about 80-85 lbs. he has had a diet of cabbage, carrots and broccily most all his life. For the last 4 years he has grazed the backyard (I have 4 differant grasses for him to eat that bloom at differant times of the year) and is supplimented with dry Tortuse food. He really likes strawberries, but that is a very rare treat!..

We had to but a dogtag on his shell because he has gotten out of the yard twice... mush to the ammazment of the neibors!

Ha that is so cool. How does he get out of the yard?
Do you remember whether or not you did the 80% humidity in his enclosure when he was too little to stay outside all the time? I have read that this is the key to having a good looking Sulcata like yours and I am implementing it with Gupta. I am asking everyone with wonderful, smooth Sulcatas if that is how they managed it

morloch

5 Year Member
Morlochs home

Morloch is still very young,,, this is his turtle table for now,,, he loves exploring!!

Morloch exploring

Attachments

• image-1752063319.png
    image-1752063319.png
    99.9 KB · Views: 52
  • image-3160025455.png
    image-3160025455.png
    66.8 KB · Views: 49
  • image-1276093195.png
    image-1276093195.png
    143 KB · Views: 63
M

Maggie Cummings

You can run a search on Bob or Bob the tortoise and you'll come up with lots of pix of Bob and some stories as well. But here's a few shots of Bob that I came across while I was going thru the thousands of pictures I have taken of him. I won't admit to being obsessive when it comes to Bob, but I will confess to liking him a whole lot. A few weeks ago we weighed him at his Vet's and he weighed 102 pounds. He was 13 years old this year. He is a very different tortoise with a very big personality and he used to get into a lot of trouble. But he has settled down recently...well, except maybe for the flood he just caused in his shed...

Watermelon is his favorite treat, unless maybe it's strawberries, or squash or maybe...

n3nqeb.jpg

Look at this, he's in heaven...

2wd3khj.jpg

He's basking and napping against the fence...

2mzk29d.jpg

This was his first pool. He destroyed it in one day...he loves soaking on a warm day...

34i4qv9.jpg

Well, I hope you have enjoyed these pictures of Bob. I love taking pictures of him and I love showing them to people. I think Bob is a whole lot of fun. He has enriched my life and I can only hope that your small tortoise will grow up to be as much fun as Bob is. In fact, Bob has entertained many TFO members and I know most have enjoyed reading about his many adventures...

I forgot to mention that Bob lives in a heated insulated 12' X 20' shed at the back of my property. He sleeps in a sleeping box with a pig blanket inside it. There's an oil-filled radiator type heater that keeps the ambient temperature up on those cold Oregon nights when it is below freezing and snowing...

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
OMG Maggie....I LOVE LOVE LOVE the second pic....looks like he is slipping into a watermelon coma.....LOL :p:p:p:p:p

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
5208906-R1-008-2A.jpg5208906-R1-014-5A.jpgZameric... your Sulcata is soooo pretty and smooth. Have you had him since he was a hatchling?? Im very very very curious if how you kept his shell that amazing looking. I want Gupta to look like that so bad, i really hope he does!
[/quote]

[/quote]

Ha that is so cool. How does he get out of the yard?
Do you remember whether or not you did the 80% humidity in his enclosure when he was too little to stay outside all the time? I have read that this is the key to having a good looking Sulcata like yours and I am implementing it with Gupta. I am asking everyone with wonderful, smooth Sulcatas if that is how they managed it
[/quote]

WalkingRock spent his formative years (1st 4year) living inside a Montessori classroom of Pre-schoolers (3-6 yr olds) in Northern California. I know in that time he went thru several inclosure from a small glass tank to a small outside Summer domain. He was givin' to her by a parent in the classroom that also handled them at the San Diago Zoo. She says no attintion was paid to humidity levels, she just didnt let him get cold.
Here is a pic of the 1st "incloser" I made for WalkingRock. He live outside on our second story balcony. He was 5 when we 1st met.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.