Want to see pictures of Sulcatas, any size! Pretty Please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Awesome , ill have to wait to ask him about it till next Christmas but it would make an awesome Christmas present. Is it hard to keep tortoises in Michigan , its kinda freezing thrre lol

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Kentucky
Wow! Beautiful sulcata tortoise's. I wish I knew how to upload pics on here but Im still new on this forum. My new guy is my avatar. He is 2 1/2 years old at alittle over 10".

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
FADE2BLACK_1973 said:
Wow! Beautiful sulcata tortoise's. I wish I knew how to upload pics on here but Im still new on this forum. My new guy is my avatar. He is 2 1/2 years old at alittle over 10".

You just hit the attach option towards the bottom of your editing box and click browse. Find the picture u want and click it. Then hut add attachment and after u add it you can hit the insert into post option. :) hoped that helped. Or you can go to tinypic.com and upload pictures onto that site and use the direct link they proved with the picture after its uploaded to insert it into the post. U do that by

Sorry I posted the earlier post too early and didn't finish it. Anyways u can click that mountain and sun looking icon that is right under the the big A that let's you change the text color and u can copy and paste that direct link into that space and hit enter and it will put the image in the post. It won't show up as the image , u can hit preview and see the actual picture :) I hoped that helped

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
sulcata tortoise Nov.2 2011.jpg 2.jpg
BrinnANDGupta said:
FADE2BLACK_1973 said:

You just hit the attach option towards the bottom of your editing box and click browse. Find the picture u want and click it. Then hut add attachment and after u add it you can hit the insert into post option. :) hoped that helped. Or you can go to tinypic.com and upload pictures onto that site and use the direct link they proved with the picture after its uploaded to insert it into the post. U do that by

Sorry I posted the earlier post too early and didn't finish it. Anyways u can click that mountain and sun looking icon that is right under the the big A that let's you change the text color and u can copy and paste that direct link into that space and hit enter and it will put the image in the post. It won't show up as the image , u can hit preview and see the actual picture :) I hoped that helped

Last edited by a moderator:

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
BrinnANDGupta said:
Awesome , ill have to wait to ask him about it till next Christmas but it would make an awesome Christmas present. Is it hard to keep tortoises in Michigan , its kinda freezing thrre lol

Winters mean that they have to all come in the house, which takes a little extra work, but our summers are fantastic for them. It is not cold here year round like a lot of people think. Mine spend 6-7 months of the year outside, in temps ranging from mid 70's to low 90's, and occasionally 100 or more. It is very humid here too, as there is a lot of water.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Kristina said:
BrinnANDGupta said:

Winters mean that they have to all come in the house, which takes a little extra work, but our summers are fantastic for them. It is not cold here year round like a lot of people think. Mine spend 6-7 months of the year outside, in temps ranging from mid 70's to low 90's, and occasionally 100 or more. It is very humid here too, as there is a lot of water.

Very cool. I love the Northern states, especially Colorado and anything North of Colorado. I live in Texas though, it makes me happy to hear that you live in MI and keep sulcatas just fine. That means one day with Gupta I can move up north and he will be just fine. :)

New pictures of Gupta
img4394k.jpg

img4359q.jpg

img4342m.jpg

img4340x.jpg

img4337k.jpg

img4334x.jpg

img4331h.jpg

Thanks for looking :)))

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
sigh.... it's hard to imagine the tops of WalkingRocks shell all fit together just like that once! those little shields look to small to hold a whole tort together!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
lushcious said:
Nice recent pics... they look very hi-def ;)

I use a Canon SLR , I love that camera so much. I take pictures constantly with it.
Here are some I took with it, If you ever need an awesome camera get a Canon SLR. They are expensive though! butt sooooo worth it!!
Sorry I know off topic lol
img3566uu.jpg

img3524g.jpg

img3314mr.jpg

img3184h.jpg

img2966t.jpg

img1770h.jpg

img1747v.jpg

img1731f.jpg

hummingbird1.jpg

img0366cy.jpg

img1706y.jpg

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
maggie3fan said:
You can run a search on Bob or Bob the tortoise and you'll come up with lots of pix of Bob and some stories as well. But here's a few shots of Bob that I came across while I was going thru the thousands of pictures I have taken of him. I won't admit to being obsessive when it comes to Bob, but I will confess to liking him a whole lot. A few weeks ago we weighed him at his Vet's and he weighed 102 pounds. He was 13 years old this year. He is a very different tortoise with a very big personality and he used to get into a lot of trouble. But he has settled down recently...well, except maybe for the flood he just caused in his shed...

Watermelon is his favorite treat, unless maybe it's strawberries, or squash or maybe...

n3nqeb.jpg

Look at this, he's in heaven...

2wd3khj.jpg

He's basking and napping against the fence...

2mzk29d.jpg

This was his first pool. He destroyed it in one day...he loves soaking on a warm day...

34i4qv9.jpg

Well, I hope you have enjoyed these pictures of Bob. I love taking pictures of him and I love showing them to people. I think Bob is a whole lot of fun. He has enriched my life and I can only hope that your small tortoise will grow up to be as much fun as Bob is. In fact, Bob has entertained many TFO members and I know most have enjoyed reading about his many adventures...

I forgot to mention that Bob lives in a heated insulated 12' X 20' shed at the back of my property. He sleeps in a sleeping box with a pig blanket inside it. There's an oil-filled radiator type heater that keeps the ambient temperature up on those cold Oregon nights when it is below freezing and snowing...

Great pictures as always maggie!

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
New picture of Gupta

Some of you might have already seen this picture but I just thought it was so darn cool I wanted to post it in my sulcata picture thread too lol
img4401q.jpg

Hoped you liked it! :tort: :tort: :tort: :tort:

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member

Attachments

• image-1990729786.png
    image-1990729786.png
    255.5 KB · Views: 20
  • image-4282724257.png
    image-4282724257.png
    154.8 KB · Views: 14
  • image-2405559228.png
    image-2405559228.png
    1,000.5 KB · Views: 15
  • image-2999341666.png
    image-2999341666.png
    930.4 KB · Views: 18

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Roger is so cute and adorable ! I love the pictures :) I could spend hours just looking st the different pictures of this forum lol
Do him and the bird really get along well ? That's so cool

RogerTheTortoise

5 Year Member
BrinnANDGupta said:
Roger is so cute and adorable ! I love the pictures :) I could spend hours just looking st the different pictures of this forum lol

Yeah! LOL!! Ellie goes in there on her own and sits and basks with him : )
Then bathes in his dish when she's done!

Attachments

• image-2789428468.png
    image-2789428468.png
    297.3 KB · Views: 59

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
RogerTheTortoise said:
BrinnANDGupta said:

Yeah! LOL!! Ellie goes in there on her own and sits and basks with him : )
Then bathes in his dish when she's done!

You just let your chicken take a bath in his water bowl like that?........jk..;). It's cute though.

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
That's so crazy how the bird and the tortoise just don't mind the other being there. I just always figured that if a bird entered Guptas enclosure hed be like Omg what is happening or something along the lines of a tortoise freak out

FADE2BLACK_1973

5 Year Member
Kentucky
BrinnANDGupta said:
That's so crazy how the bird and the tortoise just don't mind the other being there. I just always figured that if a bird entered Guptas enclosure hed be like Omg what is happening or something along the lines of a tortoise freak out

He would probley hide in his lil shell...lol

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
I'm not gonna lie birds scare even me, I heard of a kid that got his pinky taken off by a bird :/
yours is very pretty, I love how they get along! I always worry that my Sulcata is lonely but I know from many posting and hours of reading on this forum that they apparently like it on their own.. I still have my doubts though. I can't house four though and I don't do pairs. Its tempting but I am too scared something will go wrong. I did give in and buy me a leopard but after that I have hit tortoise capacity for now

Status
Not open for further replies.