Want to see pictures of Sulcatas, any size! Pretty Please share

Status
Not open for further replies.

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
SoCal
Here is a shot of Aladar...a shot I was going to use as a claendar submission...until Grep entered his Aldabras at a pumpkin feast!
wofnn.jpg

Here is my favorite sulcata photo. The fellow in the picture is Tomas Diagne...founder of the African Chelonian Institute. He will be a guest speaker at the TTPG conference this month.
bej6kx.jpg

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Your sulcata is beautiful , did you raise it all the way from a hatchling?
Why is it so very light colored? Its gorgeous

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
Is he an Ivory-Sulcata? I've only seen those as hachlings/juviniles... He's Beautiful!

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
La Mirada, CA
I wish I could post picutres. For some reason I haven't been able to. I have a new MAC and I'm still trying to figure it out and I thought that's what the problem was but I also tried to upload some pictures from my phone and that doesn't work either. When I figure it out I will post some picture of my babies.

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
DSaenz said:
I wish I could post picutres. For some reason I haven't been able to. I have a new MAC and I'm still trying to figure it out and I thought that's what the problem was but I also tried to upload some pictures from my phone and that doesn't work either. When I figure it out I will post some picture of my babies.

What method are you trying to use? Like photobucket, tinypic or?????

DSaenz

10 Year Member!
La Mirada, CA
Jacqui said:
DSaenz said:

What method are you trying to use? Like photobucket, tinypic or?????

Neither....maybe that's the problem. I have never heard of tinypic until today on an earlier post and I haven't used photobucket since my MySpace days (it's been a while). I will try to use one of these methods when I get home from work tonight and see if I have any luck. THANKS!

bigred

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Here is a pic of a sulcata trying to eat a rat. He use to eat lizards and all kinds of stuff

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
BrinnANDGupta said:
Your sulcata is beautiful , did you raise it all the way from a hatchling?
Why is it so very light colored? Its gorgeous

Zamric said:
Is he an Ivory-Sulcata? I've only seen those as hachlings/juviniles... He's Beautiful!

Yes! He is an ivory.

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
bigred said:
Here is a pic of a sulcata trying to eat a rat. He use to eat lizards and all kinds of stuff

Did he catch it or was it already dead when he tried to eat it?

sulcatababies1402

5 Year Member
Georgetown/Hutto/Austin,Tx
image-1906530695.png

image-3860405636.png

image-4225427409.png

The enclosure I keep them in is about to change I just got a bigger cabinet but it wont be fully installed till I move into my new place so consider the current one temporary.I do keep humidity up and I also spray them and soak daily :) I see a lot of beauties out here good to see all these Sullys are well taken care of :D

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
bigred said:

Interesting...brings back memories of discussions about protein intake in the wild and what hatchlings might come across underground...

William Crews

5 Year Member
Hello everyone, I am not exactly how old Fluffy is but I have had him for 3 months and he is my buddy!!!

Attachments

• IMG_0056.jpg
    IMG_0056.jpg
    236.5 KB · Views: 27

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
William Crews said:
Hello everyone, I am not exactly how old Fluffy is but I have had him for 3 months and he is my buddy!!!

He is gorgeous!!!! :) Cutest little face (but not little for long lol :D )

bigred said:

Really ? He eats wild protein?
I have heard that protein is not something that is very good for them, very interesting...

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
awwe hes soooo cute!!!!! has a crabby lookin face LOL love him!! hope he groes big and strong im im a first time tort owner and not of a hatchling lol but his shell looks good to me :D i have a 18 month old leopard

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
Kvoigt said:
awwe hes soooo cute!!!!! has a crabby lookin face LOL love him!! hope he groes big and strong im im a first time tort owner and not of a hatchling lol but his shell looks good to me :D i have a 18 month old leopard

You should post tons of pictures of him and where he lives :) everyone would love to see

William Crews

5 Year Member
William Crews said:

Here is another picture of Fluffy...He is helping me with my Calculus 3 homework.

Attachments

• IMG_0020.jpg
    IMG_0020.jpg
    428.9 KB · Views: 24

Kvoigt

5 Year Member
South Dakota
BrinnANDGupta said:
Kvoigt said:

You should post tons of pictures of him and where he lives :) everyone would love to see

I plan on it!! lol ive only had him for about 10 days and been a member since today LOL so i will get pic up ASAP :D

BrinnANDTorts

5 Year Member
William Crews said:
William Crews said:

Here is another picture of Fluffy...He is helping me with my Calculus 3 homework.

Awwww!! I had no idea sulcatas were pros at calculus ! ;) I need to Gupta to start helping me on mine and I'm only just now about to finish calculus I lol very cute picture

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
DIDn't you know all Sulcatas are good at math? it comes from counting all those steps they take then sit for hours eating and trying to make the numbers conform to thier suroundings..... they are SO smart!

Status
Not open for further replies.