Wanted: Any organic/safe plants to feed

britsip

Location (City and/or State)
Reno, NV
Hey all,

I'm looking for a variety of plants that I can buy off someone that are oganically grown and safe to feed my tortoise now. I don't want to buy plants from a nursery and have to wait 6 months before they're safe. I'm particulalry interested in mulberry, grape, hibiscus, rose of sharon, opuntia cactus, geraniums, and/or anything you may have. I'll pay for the plants and for shipping. Hit me up! Thanks!

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Cactus are very hardy and unless I'm very mistaken, not often treated with harsh pesticides.
You can also buy plants and herbs that are intended for human consumption and bet that they are likely safe.
Some systemic pesticides will stay effective for years if not longer. It IS an issue.
Do any of your neighbors have established Hibiscus bushes? You could quickly and easily start from clippings.
I wish I were closer.
Good luck.

britsip

Reno, NV
Thanks for your reply, Zeropilot. I'll see what I can find that human safe. Do you know if a plant is rated USDA Organic, if it's "safe"?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
If you enter "purchase edible plants" in the Google search box, you get many hits to choose from.