Wanted to double check that she is in fact a she.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Cleo is four years old and I wanted to double check with you all that she's female. Her plastron is flat. Sorry I dont have a pic with her legs out... she went rock on me. Thank you for any help, it is much appreciated!
IMG_4027.JPG

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
Can you see it now?

Attachments

• IMG_4027 (2).jpg
    IMG_4027 (2).jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 44

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My guess is yes. Although the scutes are more V shaped like my males where my females were more U shaped. But yours tail is shorter and a lot of space between the tail and top tail scute area.
That all said, I had a rescue male that was kept too dry and in a very small enclosur before I rescued him. He looked female for years. Until he finally reached 9-11 inches and approx 5-6 years old his sex looked female.

CleoTheLeo

5 Year Member
My guess is yes. Although the scutes are more V shaped like my males where my females were more U shaped. But yours tail is shorter and a lot of space between the tail and top tail scute area.
That all said, I had a rescue male that was kept too dry and in a very small enclosur before I rescued him. He looked female for years. Until he finally reached 9-11 inches and approx 5-6 years old his sex looked female.
Thats really interesting. I guess I'll wait a couple more years then just in case. I guess you never know! Thank you for your help.