wanted to know sources of UVB light from Mumbai

Prashant

Hello all,
Wanted some authentic sources to buy UVB bulbs in mumbai.
also wanted to know rise in temperature with timing and watt for uvb bulb.

Anyone has bought UVB bulb in mumbai for tortoises ? or only provide natural sunlight ?

In mumbai temperature will drop to 24 degrees celcius in winter and in summer it will increase.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
We have a very knowledgeable member from India who might be able to help you. I'll send a shout-out to @shanu303

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello all,
Wanted some authentic sources to buy UVB bulbs in mumbai.
also wanted to know rise in temperature with timing and watt for uvb bulb.

Anyone has bought UVB bulb in mumbai for tortoises ? or only provide natural sunlight ?

In mumbai temperature will drop to 24 degrees celcius in winter and in summer it will increase.

In a warm climate like that, people generally don't need indoor UV bulbs. You can use the sun for UV year round.

The proper temperatures will vary by species. What species have you got?

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
And to expand on what Tom is saying, it only takes a half hour to an hour a few times a week of direct sunlight to provide enough UVB. And if they are getting at least that regularly, missing a few weeks in a unusual rainy period, will not hurt. So even at 24C it is plenty warm enough to get your tortoise out for a 1 hour basking session.

Prashant

Hello @Markw84 @Tom
i can not give them access to outdoor that often i do take them 1/2 hr each day to terrace.But it seems it is not enough for the babies.
I have star tortoises.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello @Markw84 @Tom
i can not give them access to outdoor that often i do take them 1/2 hr each day to terrace.But it seems it is not enough for the babies.
I have star tortoises.

Half an hour a day is plenty of UV time for any age tortoise.

There is no harm in using indoor UV too, but it isn't necessary in your case.

Arcadia products are excellent and they are sold all over Europe, but I don't know if they are available in Mumbai or not.

rest7773

none of the uvb n mvb lights r available in mumbai...i myself have tried many places but to no avail...so i shifted to the best source that is sunlight...u can do is get a carpenter n make an enclosure in ur balcony...then u can grow stuff in it which r tortoise safe n they will get a lovely natural environment with natural sunlight.