Wanted to say hay

Status
Not open for further replies.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Riverbank, CA
Just wanted to say hay, i'm new to this forum but not tortoises. I own 2 Sulcatas here in sunny California for the last 10 years. For the last 5 i have been doing a lot of rescue work and we have saved and re homed over 100 large tortoises in those five years. I don't breed but i hope to expand my family by getting a large Aldabra and radiated tortoise in the near future once i save up the money. I live on 1 acre with a large outdoor and a 12' by 8' indoor inclosure. If any one in California reads this and has any questions or knows any one that doesn't want their tortoise any more call or PM me and we will do a free local pickup. Great to meet everyone Waterboy

Your friendly Neighborhood Tortoise Man

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hay is for horses... and sulcatas... :D

Hello and welcome. What general area are you in? I'm up in Santa Clarita. Sounds like you've been busy.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome Water Boy!

You say - free LOCAL pickup, but what is local to you?

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
I live in the central valley by Modesto so only 4 hrs from you. And the other question, i will do pickups from about Bakersfield all the way to San Fran and San Jose, even if it takes a week or 2. i really try to go any where because im tired of finding dozens of dead tortoises every winter because people let the go in the summer and think they will be ok. So i dont mind spending the gas money to drive and get one.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
waterboy said:
I live in the central valley by Modesto so only 4 hrs from you. And the other question, i will do pickups from about Bakersfield all the way to San Fran and San Jose, even if it takes a week or 2. i really try to go any where because im tired of finding dozens of dead tortoises every winter because people let the go in the summer and think they will be ok. So i dont mind spending the gas money to drive and get one.

I live by Modesto right over in Manteca! If you ever need a place for a tortoise to stay temporarily let me know! I don't think it would be a problem!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
waterboy said:

What? You find DOZENS of dead tortoises every winter? I have never heard of this and have never found any loose ones alive or dead down here.

waterboy

5 Year Member
Riverbank, CA
You live in sothern cal where it is warmer an their is a lot more groups and people to take them in and the bigger torts can lice through the winter their. Last year was a good year we only found about 7 dead ones and only a few where turned in. Now that the word is getting out and we r getting more and groups it is not as common. But five years ago we would find up wards of 20 dead ones and 20 to 30 live ones that had been dumped. Arizon is having alot o problems with people dumping the bigger sulcatas in the dessert and the are now taking over the native speicies.

Status
Not open for further replies.