Warby Parker glasses anyone?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Hi.....so my eye have caught up with my 51 years and I now have to wear glasses for the first time...yay me. So, I want to get a few pairs of glasses and I was wanting to know....have anyone purchased from this company? Was the 95.00 dollar awesome glasses, really that awesome?

wccmog10

Georgia
My wife tried them. Their customer service was amazing, but the glasses didn’t work out. It was something to do with her prescription and the spacing of her eyes. The company just couldn’t seem to get it figured out. But they were great to deal with. I know of a few other people with glasses from them. So I think my wife’s eyes were just tricky...

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
Hi.....so my eye have caught up with my 51 years and I now have to wear glasses for the first time...yay me. So, I want to get a few pairs of glasses and I was wanting to know....have anyone purchased from this company? Was the 95.00 dollar awesome glasses, really that awesome?

You need glasses to read or for distance? If just reading, id suggest just going to Walmart and check out their eyeglasses section. You can try on various magnifications ‘til you get one thst works. Then pick up a three-pack. Good luck

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH
I'm a big fan of glasses from Zenni.com ... so long as you have the prescription, there's a big selection, and they're cheap ... I order enough that I've got a spare set at work, in my car, at home, and in my backpack (which would be a briefcase if I'd ever grown up).

Jamie

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
Is it regular age related loss of focus- Distance or up close- My up close got to the point that my arms weren't long enough to hold the item out to read the little print and my over all focus was off so BI-Focals at 48. Although society is so kind to call them progressive lens. If it is just the up close Walmart reading glasses are the cheapest route with some decent styles

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
I'm a big fan of glasses from Zenni.com ... so long as you have the prescription, there's a big selection, and they're cheap ... I order enough that I've got a spare set at work, in my car, at home, and in my backpack (which would be a briefcase if I'd ever grown up).

Jamie

Oh Hi....just wanted to thank you for this direction....I found and ordered a pair through Zenni.....I am awaiting their arrival....it was super easy and super cost effective...if they are as awesome as they show they should be....I will be ordering more as well as a pair or two of prescription sunglasses....thank you... :)

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
What a coincidence.. this post is very relevant to me right now. I'm 43 and having trouble reading small print so I bought a pair of reading glasses at the drug store 2 days ago. They work well while I have them on and am reading but when I take them off and go about my business I feel so nauseous and dizzy for many hours. Is this common when you first get glasses? Or does it mean they are the wrong strength?
Sorry to hijack your post Ascott but it seems like you found what you were looking for, right? I hope your new glasses work out!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
What a coincidence.. this post is very relevant to me right now. I'm 43 and having trouble reading small print so I bought a pair of reading glasses at the drug store 2 days ago. They work well while I have them on and am reading but when I take them off and go about my business I feel so nauseous and dizzy for many hours. Is this common when you first get glasses? Or does it mean they are the wrong strength?
Sorry to hijack your post Ascott but it seems like you found what you were looking for, right? I hope your new glasses work out!

I think that the best thing you can do is to get an eye exam...get a prescription and then with that prescription you can obtain your glasses from the place you got the eye exam and be sure to get the written prescription and the you can purchase additional pair(s) with that prescription. Yes, what you describe is also what happen to me when I would self prescribe reading glasses....the thing I think is that our vision so much affects our balance and when we mess with it incorrectly, woozy can absolutely occur....

LaLaP

5 Year Member
Portland, OR
I think that the best thing you can do is to get an eye exam...get a prescription and then with that prescription you can obtain your glasses from the place you got the eye exam and be sure to get the written prescription and the you can purchase additional pair(s) with that prescription. Yes, what you describe is also what happen to me when I would self prescribe reading glasses....the thing I think is that our vision so much affects our balance and when we mess with it incorrectly, woozy can absolutely occur....
That makes sense and is good advice. Thank you!

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California

Jamie

Thanks again....I just ordered a second pair....I will likely get a few more...color and style and such..... :)