Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mesa, AZ

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
They use the exact same pictures some Craigslist breeders use here in SoCal also. Maybe it’s just one big tort scam?
Ya I'm sure those are just some of the first images that pop up on Google or something so they use them. When they say that overnight shipping is $4.99 that should be a dead giveaway it's a scam. Haha

Jay Bagley

Michigan
Just putting everyone on alert someone is posting on Craigslist stating they are Arizona Sulcata at azsulcata.com and I am here to assure you they most definitely are NOT me!! They are scamming people and using my name doing it! If you get an email from any email address other than [email protected] then it is not me so beware! Below is a link:

https://dallas.craigslist.org/ftw/grd/d/sulcata-tortoises/6425672203.html
A lot of scumbags out there praying on good people, thank you for making us aware of this.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
There is a scam For purchasing tortoises on the Atlanta Craigslist too. The guy wrote me (in terrible English) that he had two Sulcatas that were 3 months old and weighed 4.2 kilograms? That's what made me suspicious, 3 months old and almost 9lbs? He then wanted me to wire $500 dollars to purchase them. Then I knew it wasn't legit

Arizona Sulcata

10 Year Member!
Mesa, AZ
We have similar issues, many use our pictures as they own them and for sale.
I'm sure yours get stolen more than most. I see it all the time with your photos. I've called a few people out on it on Instagram and Facebook. That's what you get for having such awesome tortoises and pictures!

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
We have similar issues, many use our pictures as they own them and for sale.

I know that professional photographers put watermarks on photos that they post which makes it super hard for anyone to steal the photo without clearly distorting it to remove the watermark. I wonder if a tactic like that would be feasible for people whose photos are likely to get stolen?

Big Charlie

5 Year Member
California
I know that professional photographers put watermarks on photos that they post which makes it super hard for anyone to steal the photo without clearly distorting it to remove the watermark. I wonder if a tactic like that would be feasible for people whose photos are likely to get stolen?
It's not very hard to steal a photo that has a watermark on it. They can just photoshop over the watermark.
If your photos that have been posted online have been stolen, you might be able to file a DMCA takedown notice.