Warnings and how they will be working

Status
Not open for further replies.

egyptiandan

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
USA
We have just instituted giving warnings. Any breaking of the forum rules will get you a warning. Also personal attacks against another member. We are all for a good debate, just keep the gloves on and punch above the belt. You can dispute someones ideas or views, but not the person.
If a member receives 3 warnings in a 1 month period (warnings will expire a month after receiving them), that member will be banned for a 1 month period.
If after coming back, the same member receives 3 more warnings in a month, the banning period will be 3 months.
The next banning period would be 6 months, than 1 year.
Hopefully we won't have to give out warnings and everyone will be NICE :D

Danny

DuttonWebb

10 Year Member!
Texas, yeehaw
cool. I was wondering what the warning level meant in my header. Only I can see it......btw it on 0% :]

Madortoise

5 Year Member
OH, I'm glad I found this explanation. I was worried (even though mine was 0) why I had this and others didn't all of a sudden. That's a great idea as I enjoy this forum to be a civil place in which we exchange ideas.
:)

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Just in time to, I was gonna start a post titled people on this site I hate, but now I won't have to. :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Madortoise said:
OH, I'm glad I found this explanation. I was worried (even though mine was 0) why I had this and others didn't all of a sudden. That's a great idea as I enjoy this forum to be a civil place in which we exchange ideas.
:)

The reason you can see your warning status and not the status of others on the forum is because that's the way it is set up. Everyone can only see their own status.

Kymiie said:
So what does the reputation mean?

If I wanted to say something good about a person, I would click on their name. That takes me to their profile page, where I would click on "rate" Then I could post a short bit about that person..."they are really helpful" "They really know their stuff" etc. Every time someone posts something good about another person, it adds a number to their rating. If something bad is posted it takes away a number.

Redfoot NERD

10 Year Member!
Tennessee
Who "judges" warnings? And can those that "judge" receive warnings.

I take it this is to prevent PAST "judgements" from occuring like they have in the past? No "politics/friendships/personal relationships" influencing "judgements" in any way then?

Can I go first???
GRIN.gif

NERD

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
There really isn't "judging" involved, Terry. When anyone tells a moderator about something they think isn't according to the forum's rules, the moderators get together and decide if the poster needs a warning. I think there have only been two warnings given out in all this time. It isn't something that happens a lot. Most of the time our folks are very civil toward each other, and if we can catch something that seems to be escalating in time, we can just close the thread without it getting to the "warning" point.

pugsandkids

10 Year Member!
Glad I found this! I get the "reputation", I think that is a really cool idea. I was wondering though why I had "warnings" yet didn't, 0%. I'm pretty good at behaving myself, so I think I'm okay!

Status
Not open for further replies.