Was lurker, now a member

Cerissam

Location (City and/or State)
Waynesboro, Virginia
Hi there,
I've been reading a lot of posts on here for a while but didn't sign up until today. I wanted to post in the "Wanted" section. For a while, I thought I was going to get a Sulcata, but husband was hesitant due to burrowing habits and size. Now our focus has shifted to a Leopard Tortoise. Currently our household consists of 4 cats, 2 big fish tanks and an adult Ball Python. I look forward to sharing our Leopard with you guys, in the near future.

Cerissa Morrissette

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, Cerissa!!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hello and welcome.

Get a true South African leopard from a reliable source. Their personality is much more like a sulcata than a regular leopard and they don't have all the digging and destructive tendencies. They also get a little bigger than regular leopards, but not SO big that a single person can't manage them.

I should have a whole bunch for sale in the fall.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi there,
I've been reading a lot of posts on here for a while but didn't sign up until today. I wanted to post in the "Wanted" section. For a while, I thought I was going to get a Sulcata, but husband was hesitant due to burrowing habits and size. Now our focus has shifted to a Leopard Tortoise. Currently our household consists of 4 cats, 2 big fish tanks and an adult Ball Python. I look forward to sharing our Leopard with you guys, in the near future.

Cerissa Morrissette
Hi and welcome, you'll get lots of great advice here.
I have a leopard who adopted me 5 years ago and the information and support from the wonderful people and caresheets on TFO have been invaluable to me.
It's not easy to keep him in the colder UK climate and he has his own adapted room in the house, because of his size, but I wouldn't be without him now.
If you are looking to rehome, older torts are more forgiving of any beginners mistakes you may make.
Looking forward to meeting your new addition.