Water bowl in the basking area?

FenderStrat73

Location (City and/or State)
New York, NY
Weird question. Is it better to have the water bowl in the basking area or the cooler side? Was thinking my red foot would prefer to sit in the water if it's under a warm light. He doesn't immediately seem interested in it. Is that a bad idea?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Warm side is best. I don't put it right under the basking spot or a Che but off to the side some.

N

no one

Like Wellington said, that is what I do too. If the weather gets warmer maybe your Tortoise will feel the need more. I notice a difference in my Tortoises depending on season. And how well hydrated you keep them. If you soak them regularly I mean. The humidity in your enclosure. That is all a factor I think. And some just love the water and others less so.

FenderStrat73

New York, NY
Like Wellington said, that is what I do too. If the weather gets warmer maybe your Tortoise will feel the need more. I notice a difference in my Tortoises depending on season. And how well hydrated you keep them. If you soak them regularly I mean. The humidity in your enclosure. That is all a factor I think. And some just love the water and others less so.

Ahh ok. Then Sonny definitely falls in the "doesn't love the water" category.