Water Dish?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MistyChee'

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Yuma, AZ
What do you use as a water dish? I have an about 8 inch Redfooted tortoise who loves to soak in her waterfowl under her heat lamp. She's outgrowing her "XL" water dish with ramp I bought from Petsmart. I'm just looking for other ideas since that's the biggest my Petsmart carried. Thanks!

Waterbowl, not waterfowl, stupid spellcheck!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
I found a 13" bar-tray, made of some sort of a plastic, that is a perfect size for my 4 to share. If you get one, make sure not to get one made of steel, though, as they'll rust.

Here are similar ones:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SPAM-PLASTI...476?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2ec16a20a4
http://www.ebay.com/itm/BALLANTINE-BAR-TRAY-/251144363611?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3a795ede5b

With luck, you may find one at a garage sale or 2nd-hand store for quite a bit less...forget what I paid mine, but doubt it was over $2.

Ruchonnet

5 Year Member
Central Valley, CA
The plant saucers work well. They're easy for them to get out of, cheap, and come in a ton of sizes!

Eweezyfosheezy

5 Year Member
Peoria, Arizona
Terracotta plant saucers are my favorite for that size of a tortoise. I didnt realize that tortoises liked waterfowl so much. :D

MistyChee'

5 Year Member
Yuma, AZ
Thanks for the ideas! I tried a terra cotta plant saucer but I feel like she couldn't really soak because it's so shallow. I think I'm going to try a bar tray and/or a frisbee. I think I have both laying around here somewheres... Thanks again for all the ideas. Always helpful as always!

Status
Not open for further replies.