Waterland tortoise tub

ClarenceTort

Location (City and/or State)
Kansas City
Does anyone have any experience using the water land tortoise tub for their tortoise. I’m looking for an indoor enclosure that isn’t
More than 55” long and they have one that size and 2’ wide. I don’t have a ton of space. Would love to hear some thoughts on this product.

Pointydog

West Virginia
I have no experience with those.

I have redfoots and they are in an enclosed table I built. I used very heavy EPDM rubber pond liner to make it waterproof so they can have very moist mulch/soil and no risk of leaks. I spent less than $150 to build my enclosure (just the table, not including lights, thermostat, timer, etc) and it's about 60" by 35". They are outgrowing this space after a little more than 2 years.

Waterland tubs seem like they would be very practical for any animal that spends a lot of time in the water, provided you have filtration. Removing or cleaning the water will be time consuming. My current enclosure can be attached to any expansion I build, another plus that you wouldn't get with one of the waterland tubs.

I suppose it depends on what species you're going to house, and whether that space will be sufficient for it's lifetime, overall cost and your skill at building something.

Alex Z

5 Year Member
NYC
They are great for a small hatchling. Remember if you get it, build a cover for humidity. Best bet is build one yourself. Inexpensive and make it as big as you like, plus customize it to the species needs.

nicoble

5 Year Member
I looked at the waterline tubs in a local reptile store and found them only slightly larger than a Christmas tree tote ( the lid can me modified ) but much heavier and more expensive.