Watery Eyes

Status
Not open for further replies.

skmackley2

5 Year Member
I just went to check on my 1year old horsefield tortoise aka Russian tortoise and I noticed that his eyes were clean and no funny nose or wheezing but his eyes are watery, my substrate is quite damp at 70-80% daily but some spots different, I bathe him every other day and he drinks and eats fine, the substrate is like a special tortoise sand with all sorts of good stuff in, it's not dusty and no sharp objects in his table.

ANY HELP AT ALL WILL BE GRATEFUL

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
I know you have two threads about this. Has anyone helped yet?? I cant find the other one. I hope someone has helped you!!

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
He does not have coil. He has another thread with all the information about his set up. I am still looking for it!!!

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Thanks, go on my profile and look at my threads and there is the other one

luvpetz27

5 Year Member
Ohio USA
wellington said:
I take it this was answered on the other thread?

I dont think so. I just checked his other thread and he received a few replies but he has not figured out why they are watery yet. ?????

skmackley2

5 Year Member
luvpetz27 said:
wellington said:
I take it this was answered on the other thread?

I dont think so. I just checked his other thread and he received a few replies but he has not figured out why they are watery yet. ?????

THAT'S RIGHT!

skmackley2

5 Year Member
Please will someone answer my oldest thread on watery eyes

There has been a lot of posts on my watery eyes thread but none have actually told me or helped me, so please I'm worried here, can someone ask me questions on it or tell me what to do

Anything :)

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
RE: Please will someone answer my oldest thread on watery eyes

Well What kind of tortoise and how hot are you keeping it? Any dusty substrate?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
To what extent are they watery? Does he have tears dripping down his face?
Are the eyes puffy or swollen at all?
Have a camera to post some pictures?

Sent from my TFOapp

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: Please will someone answer my oldest thread on watery eyes

How watery? Dripping with tears? Can you share pictures?

I've just read through all your posts and I'm starting to wonder if the eyes are lubricated a normal amount and maybe you have "new parent" syndrome and are over reacting. ?

Sent from my TFOapp

skmackley2

5 Year Member
tortadise said:

Horsefield tortoise, 35'. Under basking lamp and everywhere else like 20 and under, no not at all dusty, it's 60%-70%

Team Gomberg said:

Sent from my TFOapp

Not tears, just a little bit of water clogging at bottom of his eyes , I don't think they're swollen maybe a teensy just teensy but puffy, I will do in the afternoon, but the iPod doesn't show up pics well

Team Gomberg said:

I've just read through all your posts and I'm starting to wonder if the eyes are lubricated a normal amount and maybe you have "new parent" syndrome and are over reacting. ?

Sent from my TFOapp

Awh god! Lubricated ? New parent syndrome :/ ? Oh um no, he does look sad at the moment, you can see in his face

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Watery Eyes

skmackley2 said:
tortadise said:

Horsefield tortoise, 35'. Under basking lamp and everywhere else like 20 and under, no not at all dusty, it's 60%-70%

Team Gomberg said:

Sent from my TFOapp

Not tears, just a little bit of water clogging at bottom of his eyes , I don't think they're swollen maybe a teensy just teensy but puffy, I will do in the afternoon, but the iPod doesn't show up pics well

Team Gomberg said:

Sent from my TFOapp

Awh god! Lubricated ? New parent syndrome :/ ? Oh um no, he does look sad at the moment, you can see in his face

Hey buddy, I'm trying to help you out. Based on the explanation of your set up, there are no major red flags signaling a problem. So I'm hoping to see a picture to get a better idea.
I'm not trying to be rude. I am hopeful that you don't have a problem and that the watery eye isn't anything abnormal.

Sent from my TFOapp

skmackley2

5 Year Member
on my other thread there is a picture

dont worry your not rude! yeah there isnt ANY hazards in my table?

skmackley2

5 Year Member
What you mean my threads are merged? I tried but you can't see it, the wateriness is like a little bit covering his whole eye ,'not puffy

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
When torts have watery eyes and it's noticeable, it could be he's getting too hot wherever this is happening. Also, you said you have a tortoise sand as a substrate. I don't like sand as a substrate for torts. It's possible that he has some tiny sand in his eyes and it irritating the eye(s). I would change the substrate and check temps. If it is sand in his eye(and you won't be able to see it) flush gently with warm water. It won't hurt to flush his eyes even if there isn't any sand, but just as a precaution. Keep us posted.

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Re: RE: Watery Eyes

skmackley2 said:
What you mean my threads are merged? I tried but you can't see it, the wateriness is like a little bit covering his whole eye ,'not puffy

We aren't supposed to make multiple threads about the same issue. Usually once a forum moderator sees that, they merge the 2 threads into one thread. It is simpler that way.
I noticed that happened here because my comments from your 2 threads are now merged, here, on this single thread.

Sent from my TFOapp

Status
Not open for further replies.