WATERY EYES

Status
Not open for further replies.

sunkisseddragons

5 Year Member
Hi friends,
my 2 year old sully was just moved indoors due to the rainy weather and I noticed last night her eyes are watery. There is no discharge or anything, just clear wetness around her eyes, like she has been crying :(
Her diet is the same. The only thing that has changed is her enclosure.
Please help
Thanks

Laura

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Foothills above Sacramento CA
Mine do that occasionally. I dont know if they know for sure what causes it or if there are many reasons. Ive heard, too hot, dehydrated, dusty,stress...

M

Maggie Cummings

That is why Sulcata are also called the crying tortoise. Their eyes do that when they get too hot or too dry. In your case I would say he is too dry...
right now where they come from the temp is 82 degrees with 89% humidity. They need humidity...

sunkisseddragons

5 Year Member
I did a little research since I posted this. It was the arid temps in her cage. I added some top soil and wet it down and within hours her eyes dried up. So it wasn't humid enough.

Thanks

Crazy1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Inland Empire, CA
Elisa, glad to see your research confirmed Maggie’s comments. Great call Maggie :). I love the title, “The crying Tortoise”.
Jessica, I do not know much about Leos but I would think raising the humidity just a bit might give you results you will be able to see. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.