Watery poop and always pooping

Rithvik

Location (City and/or State)
India, telangana
hello there! I just got a star tortoise a week ago and it was doing fine until, it starting pooping "SUPER OFTEN" and it is watery. we usually feed him hibiscus leaves morning and coriander in afternoon and cucumber in dinner time.
What can I do?

Attachments

• IMG_20211104_164210.jpg
    IMG_20211104_164210.jpg
    430.8 KB · Views: 28

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
hello there! I just got a star tortoise a week ago and it was doing fine until, it starting pooping "SUPER OFTEN" and it is watery. we usually feed him hibiscus leaves morning and coriander in afternoon and cucumber in dinner time.
What can I do?
Read this:

Rithvik

India, telangana
There definitely needs to be more of a variety of food. Please look in the forum for your specific type of tortoise and see what other’s feed them. This is definitely not enough.
Sir Thanks for the reply but I still have few questions.
1. How long have you kept your tortoise?
2. Is this watery poop normal?
3. Do you have tips for keeping tortoise indoors?

Rithvik

India, telangana
Read this:
Thank you sir. Now I know how hard caring a tortoise is. I was following what the pet seller was saying because he had 2 tortoise for around 16 years. He told me nothing about uvb and just said to take my tortoise outdoors for sunlight around 15-30 mins.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Thank you sir. Now I know how hard caring a tortoise is. I was following what the pet seller was saying because he had 2 tortoise for around 16 years. He told me nothing about uvb and just said to take my tortoise outdoors for sunlight around 15-30 mins.
Getting sunshine outside is best when the climate and weather allows for it. I prefer to not use indoor UV when possible.

Central islip
I’ve had my tortoise for about a year and some change now, watery poop here and there is normal. Now if it’s liquid I would say there’s an issue with that. With keeping a tortoise indoors you want to make sure your enclosure is big enough for the tortoise to grow in, make sure you have a temperature and humidity gauge, have flooring that keeps moisture, heating lamp and uvb lighting, and make sure you have time to check on them and see their habits.

Rithvik

India, telangana
I’ve had my tortoise for about a year and some change now, watery poop here and there is normal. Now if it’s liquid I would say there’s an issue with that. With keeping a tortoise indoors you want to make sure your enclosure is big enough for the tortoise to grow in, make sure you have a temperature and humidity gauge, have flooring that keeps moisture, heating lamp and uvb lighting, and make sure you have time to check on them and see their habits.
Thank you!

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Sir Thanks for the reply but I still have few questions.
1. How long have you kept your tortoise?
2. Is this watery poop normal?
3. Do you have tips for keeping tortoise indoors?
Cucumber should be fed maybe once a week. It is a diuretic & will cause loose stools. In fact, if your tort is constipated, cucumber is one recommended to unconstipate, along with aloe vera & others.

Tom has been around torts since he was pre-teen. In fact, he's the author of many of the care sheets on this site. There are quite a few members with many yrs of experience on this forum.

Please have a read of the care sheets & ask more questions. You need to quickly adjust your tort's diet to be way more inclusive of more than just 3 food items.

We are here to help.

Rithvik

India, telangana
Cucumber should be fed maybe once a week. It is a diuretic & will cause loose stools. In fact, if your tort is constipated, cucumber is one recommended to unconstipate, along with aloe vera & others.

Tom has been around torts since he was pre-teen. In fact, he's the author of many of the care sheets on this site. There are quite a few members with many yrs of experience on this forum.

Please have a read of the care sheets & ask more questions. You need to quickly adjust your tort's diet to be way more inclusive of more than just 3 food items.

We are here to help.
Noted.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Hi and welcome,
There is a lot of good information to help you in the caresheet which will also give you ideas for an indoor enclosure but if you post some pics of his enclosure, any lamps you have and your tort, we can suggest ways to help you make a safe indoor enclosure.

Rithvik

India, telangana
Hi and welcome,
There is a lot of good information to help you in the caresheet which will also give you ideas for an indoor enclosure but if you post some pics of his enclosure, any lamps you have and your tort, we can suggest ways to help you make a safe indoor enclosure.
We don't use a bulb since according to a star tortoise owner, Sunlight is sufficient.
And we just arranged his enclosure yesterday. And during the night we keep him in an empty tub since the soil may get cold.