Wattage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Casseylane

5 Year Member
I just made an closed chamber enclosure for my leopards- 2 ft tall, 2 1/2 feet wide, six feet long. My current lights are way too powerful. Does anyone have a similar sized enclosure? And if so, what wattage do you use during the day? I have lamps at each end.

LeopardTortLover

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Manchester, UK
Mine is 1ft high, 6ft Long, 2ft wide. Also for a Leo. I use a 160 watt UV MVB bulb but that creates a basking spot of 40oC so I'm coming down to a 125 watt UV MVB.
In the cool end I use a 50watt basking bulb. What watt do you use and what type of bulb?

Levi the Leopard

IXOYE
10 Year Member!
Southern Oregon
Are you only in need of lights or do you have any CHE also?

My closed chamber has a 75 watt CHE on thermostat for 80F. This sis in the middle.
On one side I use a 60 watt in summer/ 75 watt in winter for the basking area.
The other side has a 7.5 watt/sometimes 25 watt to give the cool end extra lighting without extra heat.
I change my wattage during the seasons because my ambient room temperature fluctuates affecting the enclosure temperature.

Others may choose to raise or lower the light fixture. For basking you could get a 65 watt flood lamp and simply adjust it's height till you get the desired temp.

Heather
sent while on my purple android TFOapp

Casseylane

5 Year Member
I have a 125 MVB that I would like to use- I had it in my old open top enclosure. I just bought a 50 watt basking bulb for the other end. I will try them out tomorrow. I feel like I am back to square one with this new enclosure- but it does solve the humidity issues.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
My closed chambers are 24" tall and I use 65 watt basking bulbs set on timers and 60 watt CHEs set on thermostats.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Have you solved your issue? You can drill few holes right above the mvb to exhaust access heat out and keep things safe. You will need few holes at cooler end to pull air in to create positive airflow. You can drill few holes at the top of your plexi spaced an inch apart in 2-3 food section. This will also clear your condensation problem.

sent from mobile device using TFO app

Status
Not open for further replies.