we’re in the green!

Braeden p

Location (City and/or State)
Pottstown PA
On Friday Chester county is green so my brothers and friends are going to ride our bikes to get ice cream because we went there before and did not have masks even though they closed early and we were looking for somewhere to eat and this 2 days before lock down. I don’t have Facebook so I cant see the comments but the person Loic was there with me that day.

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Braeden, I am sorry that kids like you and your friends have to be subjected to the devastation of normal life that has been caused by COVID-19. I really wish you could be shielded from this, and go about your days as an innocent young man.

But unfortunately, that is not possible. I hear the amazement and frustration in your post. All you wanted was some ice cream. Now think about your parents, and your friends' parents, and other adults you know. Imagine what they feel when they have to say "All I want is to go back to work so I can buy my kid some ice cream". Or your mom goes out to find that the store is closed, or out of ice cream. They, and all the people, all over the entire world, are feeling what you are feeling.

Yes, I wish you could be protected. But many things are going to be different and look different when this is all done with.

Your job right now is to stay healthy, and try to help your friends and parents to stay healthy. That's a hard enough job for each of us.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Braeden, I am sorry that kids like you and your friends have to be subjected to the devastation of normal life that has been caused by COVID-19. I really wish you could be shielded from this, and go about your days as an innocent young man.

But unfortunately, that is not possible. I hear the amazement and frustration in your post. All you wanted was some ice cream. Now think about your parents, and your friends' parents, and other adults you know. Imagine what they feel when they have to say "All I want is to go back to work so I can buy my kid some ice cream". Or your mom goes out to find that the store is closed, or out of ice cream. They, and all the people, all over the entire world, are feeling what you are feeling.

Yes, I wish you could be protected. But many things are going to be different and look different when this is all done with.

Your job right now is to stay healthy, and try to help your friends and parents to stay healthy. That's a hard enough job for each of us.
I will reply to this later I’m a shaken up from having a full sized anvil fall on me.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
Oh no! I'm hoping nothing is broken or cut! Take your time!
I am fine it was just really scary, I was pulling out my dads anvil because I was going to do some blacksmithing and it has a wood base the is curved on the bottom plus the angle of the garage floor and a step down for the cement floor ands the drive way made it tip over I tried to stop it from falling because my foot got stuck under it and it would break my leg and shatter it so I used all of my might to slow it but it came of the base and so I was holding a 100-175lb anvil all by myself in a bad place because if I tried to move my leg one was under the log that ways as much as me and I can’t write much more because of the max word count I will write another comment.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA
I am fine it was just really scary, I was pulling out my dads anvil because I was going to do some blacksmithing and it has a wood base the is curved on the bottom plus the angle of the garage floor and a step down for the cement floor ands the drive way made it tip over I tried to stop it from falling because my foot got stuck under it and it would break my leg and shatter it so I used all of my might to slow it but it came of the base and so I was holding a 100-175lb anvil all by myself in a bad place because if I tried to move my leg one was under the log that ways as much as me and I can’t write much more because of the max word count I will write another comment.
The only other way would to be to let more weight on my leg which would snap because there was no support so I called for my brother who came after 2 minutes and lifted one side up for my leg to get out and it really hurt if I was not wearing jeans I think I would be in the ER getting my leg sewn back together and if I lost grip I would have two broken legs shattered hip and more it was scary.

Braeden p

Pottstown PA

Me and my family and friends are doing good and most things are fine.