We should be more like tortoises. Please watch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Well, unless that tortoise was flipped by a pop up sprinkler and ended up on his back....I have a hunch that "buddy" of his had something to do with him being wrong side up....:p:D;)

CLMoss

5 Year Member
Brooklyn, New York
I love this video! I had seen this in the past and had a feeling that it was the one that you posted! LOL! So cool!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I agree that most likely the "friend" was the one who got the other one onto his back in the first place.

drgnfly2265

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
FLORIDA
Jacqui said:
I agree that most likely the "friend" was the one who got the other one onto his back in the first place.

That's what I was thinking....

Kristina

10 Year Member!
Cadillac, Michigan
Unfortunately, there was nothing "friendly" about it. It was all aggression, pure and simple. It just happened the the tortoise got flipped back over.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
This video has been posted here many times, I always say it look like an aggressive tortoise who just happened to get flippped back over, of course I would like to see how he got flipped in the first place.

lampshade

5 Year Member
I thought it was adorable, aggressive or not... That tort still helped its peer when it was in need! What a cute moment :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
I agree with Lampshade which is why I posted it. We as people show aggression towards each other just the same and then sometimes we help the same person we were aggressive towards. If, that's how he got tipped over in the first place. We will never know, we weren't there. ;) (Could of been the guy with the camera that did the flipping).

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
We as people show aggression towards each other just the same and then sometimes we help the same person we were aggressive towards.

I don't know about other folks...but it takes a bit to get me to "want" to flip someone over ...but even more for me to "do" it...and once I am at the point of actually "doing" it....I can assure you I am not going to go back and help em out...unless perhaps I am still riled then I may help them up---but that would only be because I would want knock em over again....lol...which is what I believe the motive is here.....;)

HOWEVER.....we all choose to see things in our own way and if the vid gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, then go on with your bad self....:p:p

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
ascott said:
We as people show aggression towards each other just the same and then sometimes we help the same person we were aggressive towards.

I don't know about other folks...but it takes a bit to get me to "want" to flip someone over ...but even more for me to "do" it...and once I am at the point of actually "doing" it....I can assure you I am not going to go back and help em out...unless perhaps I am still riled then I may help them up---but that would only be because I would want knock em over again....lol...which is what I believe the motive is here.....;)

HOWEVER.....we all choose to see things in our own way and if the vid gives you a warm fuzzy feeling, then go on with your bad self....:p:p

Thanks, I think....

GeoTerraTestudo

5 Year Member
Broomfield, Colorado
Vishnu2 said:

Kristina said:
Unfortunately, there was nothing "friendly" about it. It was all aggression, pure and simple. It just happened the the tortoise got flipped back over.

Yes, it is my understanding that the dominant tortoise flipped over his opponent, and then righted him again, only to continue fighting. Not very charitable behavior ... but then, these are amoral animals (not immoral, just amoral), so they do not have to live up to our standards of ethical conduct. :tort:

lampshade

5 Year Member
Perhaps this thread should be posted under, "debatable topics?" :)

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
lampshade said:
Perhaps this thread should be posted under, "debatable topics?" :)

This video was meant one way and is turning into another. Perhaps, you're correct in your statement Lampshade. :D Who knew? :D

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Kristina said it and I agree. Don't you people know what tortoise aggression looks like? That is what they do. They flip their opponent and then continue attacking. Didn't you all see him stick his neck out and bite the other one's shell as he tried to run away from the aggressor?

This is NOT an example of how I wish humans would behave toward each other. Quite the opposite.

Vishnu2

5 Year Member
Gran Pulse
Tom said:
Kristina said it and I agree. Don't you people know what tortoise aggression looks like? That is what they do. They flip their opponent and then continue attacking. Didn't you all see him stick his neck out and bite the other one's shell as he tried to run away from the aggressor?

This is NOT an example of how I wish humans would behave toward each other. Quite the opposite.

Nope, I must of missed that act of aggression and I have watched this video a few times now since posting it.

The way I interpret the video is how I DO wish humans acted towards each other. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.