WE WERE just APPROVED! We are SO HAPPY!!

KarenSoCal

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Low desert 50 mi SE of Palm Springs CA
Kerry and I are happy to be able to share with my friends that we were approved today for a a loan to fill her gas tank in her Nissan Rogue, TO THE TOP!

Thanks guys, we are thrilled!

jeff
Jeff, only you would come up with something like this!! 😂
Be so happy you live in MD!

We'll be sending the Blue Angels soon...they've been practicing hard while they're here.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Kerry and I are happy to be able to share with my friends that we were approved today for a a loan to fill her gas tank in her Nissan Rogue, TO THE TOP!

jeff
Now you need another loan to get the groceries when you to the store!

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California

jeff
I had to drive to another state to find cheaper gas. I paid $6.39 when leaving CA, and its $3.89 here in NM. This is all going to get worse before it gets better.

Last edited by a moderator:

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
All in fun guys......I mean it isn't funny for any of us but we're all in this together so we may as well cry together.

As Toddrick mentioned, the real pain will be when food catches up to gas in 3 weeks........................then we will all need ? to get on TV to tell us how to get to work and feed our families with 8 dollar gas.

No W, I don't do FB or other social media, I think it rots the brain of most.......though you may find "Eradicator" on there since they made me join FB since they own Oculus, the maker of my VR gear!

That's HUGE delta TOM! WOW!! 2.50?

I don't want to wait in gas lines, again......I think hear a voice, almost an echo.....very faintly....can anyone else hear it?

I think it's saying; "drill baby drill"

Don't get twisted if you don't agree, I'm just venting with a smile guys.................

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
This thread has been edited by myself and the mod team to keep it within the community guidelines. We are strongly considering an outright ban on any political discussion. We're here for the tortoises, after all.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
All in fun guys......I mean it isn't funny for any of us but we're all in this together so we may as well cry together.

As Toddrick mentioned, the real pain will be when food catches up to gas in 3 weeks........................then we will all need Brandon to get on TV to tell us how to get to work and feed our families with 8 dollar gas.

No W, I don't do FB or other social media, I think it rots the brain of most.......though you may find "Eradicator" on there since they made me join FB since they own Oculus, the maker of my VR gear!

That's HUGE delta TOM! WOW!! 2.50?

I don't want to wait in gas lines, again......I think hear a voice, almost an echo.....very faintly....can anyone else hear it?

I think it's saying; "drill baby drill"

Don't get twisted if you don't agree, I'm just venting with a smile guys.................
I remember the gas lines and fist fights at the pumps in the 70s. Lines around the block. You could only buy gas on certain days depending on the last number or letter of your license plate...

Just saw it again last year in Georgia when the Colonial Pipeline got shut down. Ugly stuff. No fun at all.

I don't think we are all in this together. I think one side is turned against the other, and I think that is deliberate and by design.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Thank you for you patience and sorry guys.....didn't mean to cross lines......I really didn't. I am not taking any sides in this, other than the human side! Not saying anyone voicing otherwise is wrong......I'm just not going to agree here.

as is obvious, I have the same problem of a lack-of-filter as another member has admitted to me to having(THEY(along with everyone else)knows who they are<LOL>)........It is a difficult struggle for us extroverts but we are good people with good hearts. I appreciate that you folks(Mods) especially recognize the last part of that.

Anyway;

I am not college educated so there are many things I do not understand. For instance, if we were at or near oil self-sufficiency a year or so ago then duh, can't we ramp back up & force the price we pay for US oil to remain the same for US buyers and simply close off our markets, in or out, due to world events? Just musing.......

Financially, this is going to be very difficult for many I'm afraid. This is one of those few times where I'm happy I still work, "gas" for my families cars has been part of my jobs comp package for 30 some yrs. I thought about that as I pumped in 4.79 fuel this morning. How is that total going to be absorbed by working families and what is going to be adversely affected.......everything has downhill effects folks.

It's going to get a little bumpy but have faith in youth and each other.....

It's like I used to tell girlfriends when we begin going out......"Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times!"

A smile and a spoonful of sugar will make this stuff a lot easier to deal with guys.....course some folks just drink heavily but I don't drink.....yeah, "this" comes naturally!

mark1

5 Year Member
ohio
oil trades like stocks , prices are based on what they think will happen .......... just the news of policy to support increased U.S. production should lower the price ..... just as the news of policy to decreased U.S. production raised the price ..... it's tough to invest in drilling wells when the trending policy is to put you out of business asap.....

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama

jeff
Y’all are just some of the few with real good credit. Everyone is not so lucky. It’s going to get worse.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
Thank you for you patience and sorry guys.....didn't mean to cross lines......I really didn't. I am not taking any sides in this, other than the human side! Not saying anyone voicing otherwise is wrong......I'm just not going to agree here.

as is obvious, I have the same problem of a lack-of-filter as another member has admitted to me to having(THEY(along with everyone else)knows who they are<LOL>)........It is a difficult struggle for us extroverts but we are good people with good hearts. I appreciate that you folks(Mods) especially recognize the last part of that.

Anyway;

I am not college educated so there are many things I do not understand. For instance, if we were at or near oil self-sufficiency a year or so ago then duh, can't we ramp back up & force the price we pay for US oil to remain the same for US buyers and simply close off our markets, in or out, due to world events? Just musing.......

Financially, this is going to be very difficult for many I'm afraid. This is one of those few times where I'm happy I still work, "gas" for my families cars has been part of my jobs comp package for 30 some yrs. I thought about that as I pumped in 4.79 fuel this morning. How is that total going to be absorbed by working families and what is going to be adversely affected.......everything has downhill effects folks.

It's going to get a little bumpy but have faith in youth and each other.....

It's like I used to tell girlfriends when we begin going out......"Keep your hands and feet inside the ride at all times!"

A smile and a spoonful of sugar will make this stuff a lot easier to deal with guys.....course some folks just drink heavily but I don't drink.....yeah, "this" comes naturally!
You have to get the oil or gas from a well to the market to sell it, refine it & sell it again. You can't do that without trucking it out (need roads), trucking it to a train (need railroad tracks, train & tanker cars) or moving it by pipeline from the wellhead (need pipeline (s)). Pipelines are generally cheaper & safer to transport oil or gas than trucking or trains, but take longer to build, needing easements, permits, etc.

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA
When I bought my "truck" last year my coworkers mocked me for getting a baby truck- Honda Ridgeline with a V6. Well now the joke is on them and their monster V8's- Hemis, Coyotes, even a Cummins... heck another beast is a Dodge Super Bee Charger!

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Honda doesn't make anything "bad", we all know this, nor do they make anything "simple", all mechanics know this<LOL>. The Ridgeline is really exceptional though...how do you like it?

I have owned Expeditions for 22 yrs....3 of them, 2 of them were the V8's. My current is a '17 twin-turbo V6 3.5liter, 6,000 lb 4wd beast, it has 3 different tripometers, one has never been touched since 5 miles from the dealer....my avg since new is 18.5mpg.

This morning in Bowie Md, 20 mi outside DC @ Rt 50 & Rt 301; R-$4.25, S-$4.79, D $5.99

Note; this station gouges truckers, typ D was 5.10 up/dn Rt 301

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Honda doesn't make anything "bad", we all know this, nor do they make anything "simple", all mechanics know this<LOL>. The Ridgeline is really exceptional though...how do you like it?

I have owned Expeditions for 22 yrs....3 of them, 2 of them were the V8's. My current is a '17 twin-turbo V6 3.5liter, 6,000 lb 4wd beast, it has 3 different tripometers, one has never been touched since 5 miles from the dealer....my avg since new is 18.5mpg.

This morning in Bowie Md, 20 mi outside DC @ Rt 50 & Rt 301; R-$4.25, S-$4.79, D $5.99

Jeep Wrangler is my love. Bought mine new in 2013. Only car I have bought that I can say I will not do without. Although the older I get the harder that height is to get into lol

Blackdog1714

5 Year Member
Richmond, VA

Love the Ridgeline and it checks all the boxes since I have towed anything over 5000 lbs in years and never plan to. The ride is comfortable the wife enjoys long driving trips-to Ohio- and can stretch out. The trunk in the bed is mindblowing!

Maggie3fan

5 Year Member
PacificNorthWest
Oregon has always had cheaper gas than California.. premium in Oregon has generally been around $3.50 is now $4.75...regular is $3.25
Ya'll know I drive a hot rod...it has an LT1...faster than heck...on the hiway if I try hard (but I generally don't) I get 27-28 mpg...in town.........8 count'em eight mpg...my car is fast and pretty. I've walked to town a few times one time pulling a small cart for the groceries...it's not hard, but it's 3 miles to town, no sidewalk, just the shoulder of a 2 lane 55 mph hiway...meaning rocks from the fast cars, stumbling over the uneven ground and the fast semi's...at least they move over.
This is our new normal...I don't like it. I'm a dinosaur it seems
water turtles are so cool....100_1842.JPG100_1843.JPG
I love that face. I've had him for a few years, I probably should name him...

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
BlckD, have you seen the PU with the bed walls that tip outward making a platform? Cool as heck.I don't think its imported yet but I saw it on a ytube vid when I was watching the Thai longboat racers. Those guys know how to make things go fast<LOL>!!

He looks more than a little angry Mags, like you are interrupting his space! lol

8 mpg....been a while since I knew anyone that got that....and since I'm talking to a cool car girl....reminds my of my buddies old '69 GTO with a B&B 400 engine with a Holly 740 or 750 dual feed, hi-rise intakes and a cam that sounded like a grasshopper......I REALLY hate to admit this but it's the ONLY car to have ever beat my highly modified H1 Kawasaki two stroke triple to 100mph....EVER! Whoever built that engine, was good, very very good!

At least the ride to town only costs around 3 bucks each way this week anyway....lol but it sure beats you breaking or spraining an ankle.....we're getting too old for falls!

Kerry agrees with you W, she has always loved the Wrangler too. Something about cool girls........they always like cool cars....