Weather torts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
spain
So it's that time of year where in Spain all our little shelled friends have gone to ground and are sleeping quite peacefully until next march or April,

Well hell no!

I started of hibernating 6 torts, 2 Russians 2 Greeks and 2 Herman's,
4 of my torts are overwintering,
So far so good,
Over the past week 3 of them have woken up, they should be hibernating well befor the middle of November.
So wtf has gone wrong, the weather that's what! It's between 9*c to 12*c at night, then in the day it's about 21*c.....

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Lol...the weather here is still a few days or so in the 70+ and drops into 30s at night......so I am glad this year I put the CDTs into their sleeping beauty boxes into their closet for the off season.....I wish you luck with the confused posse...lol :D

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Well it has been thumping down today and was worried about the torts getting damp so they are in a large dog/cat transport box with dry straw in the garage.

I will not fret so much now when it rains.lol

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Good job....you will sleep along better now :D and I know this year so far on the cold nights I am much more stress free knowing the guys are tucked in safely for the winter....cool, dark, quiet, dry and no other critters trying to set up house with them...lol ...also easy to peek in on them every so often to make everybody aok.....:D

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Heres an update, well we had a week of torrential rain and floods, and it was not cold! But not warm either.
Well the weather is now warm again 22c and another tort has woken up, mistic stuck his head out of the box, so he is now inside with all the others,

What do you guys think, should I wake the two remaining or leave them be?

bikerchicspain

5 Year Member
spain
Well the last two woke up this morning so they are now all up and running around.. Flippin weather!:D:D:D

tyler0912

5 Year Member
Blackburn, U.K.
What a failure.....
Im joking im sure your doing it right......MOTHER-NATURE..... UGH!

Status
Not open for further replies.