Webcam on my Redfoot's

bully

5 Year Member
I have a webcam trained on Fernando and Felipe (fun to watch when I'm not around)

If anyone feels voyeuristic please feel free to have a look and let me know what you think, if you catch them up to no good, please take a screen grab and post it!

webcam.jpg

http://81.96.51.165:80 is the address of the cam user name is redfoot and password is also redfoot at the menu screen choose an option to view based on your browser (I use mode 2) and you should see them (clearly at night (UK time) it will be dark)

I look forward to seeing some action shots

Bully

Last edited by a moderator:

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is really cool. I like it. Seen one tort really good. The fog was hiding the other one, but every once in a while could see his head.

bully

5 Year Member
Lights off now (on night vision) back on in the morning (about 12 hours from now)

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
I just saw him eat :) what is that reflection I see, it is white with red...looks like a little cushion from a speaker?

peasinapod

5 Year Member
Switzerland
I didn't see any tortoises so far but I saw the fog come on and a "ghostly hand" which cleaned up some food. :p

Edit:Ooh! The fresh food looks yummy!

bully

5 Year Member
The camera was £35 from eBay and it's a http://www.wansview.com/wireless-camera/660-nch-541w

Easy to set up, from my login I can remote control it as well left/right up/down etc, although I can limit this to a guest login (I don't want you people, looking round my house!)

The reflection is of my conservatory, and the red/white round thing is a cushion on a sofa, the reflection is a bit annoying and I had mounted the camera inside the enclosure, but the humidity didn't do it any favours.

A couple of pics, one from just now from the cam, and another again just now of the enclosure so you can see the location of the camera (bottom right)

I shall try an limit my ghostly hand, nice to know it's being viewed from around the world!

snapshot_78A5DD00B5C5_19700107073924.jpg
DSC_3262.JPG

Glad you are all enjoying seeing the boys (or girls) at play

bully

5 Year Member
Light and fogger on, both out for breakfast right now!

snapshot_78A5DD00B5C5_19700107230055.jpg

bully

5 Year Member
julietteq said:
Ah....gorgeous setup. Unfortunately just as I wanted to tune in during my breakfast, I think it went down?

Rebooted and working

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
Am I doing something wrong possibly? I can't see anything when I try to access the provided link :( I was really excited to see this. The pictures are very cool and I would like to see them active

bully

5 Year Member
Sh3wulf said:
Am I doing something wrong possibly? I can't see anything when I try to access the provided link :( I was really excited to see this. The pictures are very cool and I would like to see them active

I should just work, it can be temperamental. and It's hard for me to check the external link as I'm on the same network, I have rebooted it and it seems to be working, I'll reboot the network and see if that clears whatever is causing the issue

julietteq

5 Year Member
Amsterdam. Netherlands
Nope, still not working.
PING 81.96.51.165 (81.96.51.165): 56 data bytes
Request timeout for icmp_seq 0
Request timeout for icmp_seq 1
Request timeout for icmp_seq 2
Request timeout for icmp_seq 3
Request timeout for icmp_seq 4
Request timeout for icmp_seq 5
Request timeout for icmp_seq 6
Request timeout for icmp_seq 7
Request timeout for icmp_seq 8
Request timeout for icmp_seq 9
Request timeout for icmp_seq 10

Sh3wulf

5 Year Member
I kept at it and it did work. I think I saw you cleaning something up, then it went down, and then it came back up. Now it's night time and nothin is moving, so I will have to be patient. I'm so not good at patient ;)
This is neat, thanks for doing it