Webcam on my Redfoot's

bully

5 Year Member
I'm looking now too, and one was nibbling on the cuttlebone! So awesome! I want to do this!

Glad you got to see them in action, Felipe is the larger one with more marbeling, Fernando the smaller one, they both enjoy the cuttlebone they also chew on an old fossil rock, they do drag the cuttlebone around

bully

5 Year Member
It is 11pm now in the UK

The light is on between 7am and 5pm UK time, they get fed at about 7.30am, if they smell protein they normally come straight out, they have a bath mid afternoon.

They do also come out more when the fogger comes on (15 mins every hour in the morning from 6am and 15 mins every two hours in the afternoon)

Daylight does come through the lid although that 7am to 4pm in the UK at the moment, the camera does have night vision, and I do change the position from time to time

bully

5 Year Member
I believe he lives in the UK :)

I am in the UK, sorry, and we have shorter daylight hours at the moment as well, it's 11pm here and although it's night you can see one asleep, just not so mobile

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Roseville, Minnesota
The light is on between 7am and 5pm UK time, they get fed at about 7.30am, if they smell protein they normally come straight out, they have a bath mid afternoon.

They do also come out more when the fogger comes on (15 mins every hour in the morning from 6am and 15 mins every two hours in the afternoon)

Daylight does come through the lid although that 7am to 4pm in the UK at the moment, the camera does have night vision, and I do change the position from time to time
Thank you!

bully

5 Year Member
That's cool, so can you control the camera remotely?

The camera can be panned left and right, up and down remotely, I think you can see from the screen grab off my iPad that I have an app to do this, I can also do it via a browser.

I then can set guest access to either view live video but with no control or a still only, the setting I have for guests means it can't be moved, in the previous location outside their enclosure meant it was possible to look around the room, now it's inside the enclosure I may alter the settings so you could move it

Although with today's news, our Russian cousins could be looking in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30121159

Michael Twohy

5 Year Member
Roseville, Minnesota
The camera can be panned left and right, up and down remotely, I think you can see from the screen grab off my iPad that I have an app to do this, I can also do it via a browser.

I then can set guest access to either view live video but with no control or a still only, the setting I have for guests means it can't be moved, in the previous location outside their enclosure meant it was possible to look around the room, now it's inside the enclosure I may alter the settings so you could move it

Although with today's news, our Russian cousins could be looking in!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-30121159
Cool :) that Russian camera monitor thing is creepy though.....

ksanchez

5 Year Member
Ca
@bully if you still have your webcam set up and the website where you can watch them working I'd love to see it. The link above does not work. I realize it has been 3 years so maybe you are no longer doing this. But I am looking to do something similar and need some insight on how I can do this outside.