Weed and feed on other half of yard

taymag

Location (City and/or State)
FL
I am moving my tortoises outside finally and am torn on this weed and feed thing. In Florida it is almost a must but its been almost 5 months since I did it last.

My question is, my yard will be split into about 1/3 for the tortoises, which I will use some sort of manure or just let it go natural, but could I weed and feed the rest of the yard if I have a 6-12" barrier between the sections or do you think it would bleed over into the other yard?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
I think there would be some chance of it bleeding through, and frankly I wouldn't want those toxic chemicals anywhere near me, my family or my animals. If a few weeds grow in the other part of your yard, you can always pull them up and feed them to your tortoises. I intentionally scatter weeds seeds all over the non-tortoise portions of my yard in the hope of growing more weeds for tortoise food. Why would a tortoise keeper want to discourage and poison the best tortoise food there is? And its FREE! And you don't have to drive across town to get it!!!

#no more poison in the yard

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
If you have a lawn service, make sure they only use pelletized feet vice liquid spray. We had an issue once with a Service where their over spray ruined a few fruit and ornamental trees. Always good to water things in as well. Good luck, and I’m jealous of that Florida St Augustine type grass.