Status
Not open for further replies.

bdoyle

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Hamilton, Ontario, CAN
Hey,

just wondering what these weeds are , if anyone knows.. and if they are ok to feed to my sulcata ;)

Plant 1
plant01.jpg

plant 2
plant02.jpg

Plant 3
plant03.jpg

Plant 4
plant04.jpg

Plant 5
plant05.jpg

Plant 6
plant06.jpg

Any helps greatly appreciated!

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Plant 6 looks like Wood Violet that Itort identified for me in another thread. Don't know about the others.
How is Freddy btw?

elegans

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Would suggest that your tortoise will know if something is OK for him to eat or not. I remember vividly the first time I offered Kava leaves to my torts, they looked at those big soft green leaves like they were manna from heaven took one bite and tried like crazy to get that crap out of their mouths. LOL It tastes terrible! These guys have the ability to find food in the wild they will pretty much do the same thing in your yard. If you really do want to know what a specific weed is though I would recommend that you take a sample to your local county extention office. Someone there will know for sure. Best wishes Douglas Beard

nrfitchett4

5 Year Member
jason9090 said:
never trust your tortoise t know unless he's not captive bred and wild tortoises only learn by eating thing and finding out the hard way they dont eat it again or die unless it was once wild i wouldnt risk it they dont have that wild instinct coz there not wild (i used t think the same way as elegans )(i was about 9 and i gave my nans tort some plants to eat then had to explain how i had poisoned and killed her 40 year old tortoise)personaly il never wing it again dont learn the hard way if its not on the net id give it a miss

what????????????????

Status
Not open for further replies.