Weeds for Sulcata?

happy_mochi

Location (City and/or State)
West Covina
Hi, everyone.

So my sulcata has grown to about 3 inches now. I'm thinking of taking it outside. I don't have grass but I have weeds, instead. I was wondering if this type of weed is okay for the sulcata to eat.
Thanks~!!!!

20190618_184240.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
Looks like clover should be safe but lets ask @Yvonne G

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That is oxalis. When it flowers, it will make little one inch long yellow trumpet shaped flowers. Do not feed.

I pull it out by the root before it goes to seed. Sometimes it grows back from root remnants, but its less every year.

Kapidolo Farms

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
South of Southern California, but not Mexico
If they are coming back year after year, there should be a little bulb in the ground, oxalis goes dormant, even if watered during the summer, but comes back in the fall/winter from the reserves in that bulb. If there is no little bulb it is likely clover. The flower will be a best way to tell, most clover flowers look puffy, while oxalis will have a simple flower.

If you use google image, there will be so may images that make them look very different, or nearly identical. That bulb and the flowers is the best way to tell. Clover does not have a bulb.

Great that you opened your question with an image.

happy_mochi

West Covina
Thank you for the responses! I know there is a list here of weeds and food that sulcatas can eat but it's a little bit overwhelming. I appreciate this a lot! I haven't seen it flower yet so I'll wait it out. I'll check google, as well, now that I have an idea of its name.

One more thing, I have this cactus leaves from the market. Is one okay to feed? And how about St. Augustine grass from Home Depot?

Thank you~!

20190622_110812.jpg