Weee! Asian and Hispanic Food Source

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
Hello TFO,

I live in the middle of nowhere in the northeastern United States, so my access to varied foods for my torts is normally limited to what my supermarket has in stock.

Recently I started ordering online from Weee!, an online grocer that delivers a vast array of exotic (to me) foods. If you build your order just right, they ship overnight for free with ice packs and insulated bags.

Not everything they have is a good deal and/or the kind of stuff I want, but enough of it is that I've ordered from them a few times and been impressed with the quality of what they send me.

Some things I got for my tortoises in the order that arrived today include:

chayote.png

shrooms.png

bok.png

hearts.png

I'll be supplementing the diets of my torts with these finds for a while.

If you're interested in checking it out, I've got a coupon code that may give you a break on your first order: https://www.sayweee.com/en/account/...ferral_id=7768633&lang=en&utm_source=copyLink

I don't know that the additional variety in their diets actually makes them healthier, but I like feeding my torts different types of mushrooms and greens and squash and animal protein when I can find it... especially since Weee! makes it pretty cheap and easy.

Jamie

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
Hello TFO,

I live in the middle of nowhere in the northeastern United States, so my access to varied foods for my torts is normally limited to what my supermarket has in stock.

Recently I started ordering online from Weee!, an online grocer that delivers a vast array of exotic (to me) foods. If you build your order just right, they ship overnight for free with ice packs and insulated bags.

Not everything they have is a good deal and/or the kind of stuff I want, but enough of it is that I've ordered from them a few times and been impressed with the quality of what they send me.

Some things I got for my tortoises in the order that arrived today include:

View attachment 353711

View attachment 353712

View attachment 353713

View attachment 353714

I'll be supplementing the diets of my torts with these finds for a while.

If you're interested in checking it out, I've got a coupon code that may give you a break on your first order: https://www.sayweee.com/en/account/...ferral_id=7768633&lang=en&utm_source=copyLink

I don't know that the additional variety in their diets actually makes them healthier, but I like feeding my torts different types of mushrooms and greens and squash and animal protein when I can find it... especially since Weee! makes it pretty cheap and easy.

Jamie
I buy a lot of chicken gizzards $1.59, hearts $1.59,and liver $ 1.19 a pound. When I was keeping mountain tortoises I used pinky mice for their protein. You should be able to order frozen mice. With the first mep I would cover the mouse with with a big pile of greens and he would dig down and eat the mouse first. They have a great sense of smell. As he got bigger the mice also got bigger. I no longer have tortoises that need animal protein and I no longer raise mice. The chicken organs I buy now are for my dogs.

RosemaryDW

5 Year Member
Newport Coast, CA
Wow, I saw my first Weee! delivery truck just this week. I was initially surprised there would be any demand in my area, given we have so many local choices. But on thinking it over I realized there are many families in my area where first generation grandparents who don't speak much English do the cooking and it made sense.

Tortoise owners in New Hampshire must be their secondary market. :)