Not open for further replies.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
When I weighed Dudley two years ago he weighed 98lbs. (Dudley is a Sulcata). I haven't been able to get him to a scale nor have I been able to weigh the two Aldabran tortoises. But right now, Dudley is 24" long by 18" wide and 19 years old, and the two Aldabran tortoises are 24" long by 20" wide and 8 years old! I'm saving up my $$ to invest in one of those kinds of scales you see in the vet's office. I've seen them online for around $1000. That will have to wait, but I'm sure curious how much those monsters weigh!!

Yvonne

Itort

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Iowa
We have a freight scale at work on wheels. It's a balance beam type with weights with a 2000 # capacity accurate within a pound. Perhaps you can find one used as most companies are going digital.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Itort said:
We have a freight scale at work on wheels. It's a balance beam type with weights with a 2000 # capacity accurate within a pound. Perhaps you can find one used as most companies are going digital.

That's a good idea, thanks.

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
LOL, Yvonne, indeed, I'm curious too ~ hopefully you'll find a warehouse willing to letcha do a bit of weighing so you can keep us all posted! :cool:

Huggs,
Purpod

Marla

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
RainbowValley, AZ.
Oh my gosh they are growing fast..I gave up weighing years ago...lol..just can't lift them any more without help...I can just see you driving up to a ware house with the torts in tow..asking to weigh the friendly giants..it would sure put work in the ware house to a stand still as everyone would have to come see the two tortoises..Then they would be talking for days about these two friendly giant tortoises...

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
purpod said:
LOL, Yvonne, indeed, I'm curious too ~ hopefully you'll find a warehouse willing to letcha do a bit of weighing so you can keep us all posted! :cool:

Huggs,
Purpod

I think the suggestion was that maybe I would be able to buy a warehouse's scale because they were changing to digital. I'm going to leave my name and number with a few of them here in town to let me know in case they are wanting to get rid of their scale.

Petsmart has told me I could bring in the tortoises and weigh them on their scale, but I can't lift them by myself into the back of my truck. Some day, I hope!

Yvonne

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
emysemys said:
I think the suggestion was that maybe I would be able to buy a warehouse's scale because they were changing to digital. I'm going to leave my name and number with a few of them here in town to let me know in case they are wanting to get rid of their scale.

Petsmart has told me I could bring in the tortoises and weigh them on their scale, but I can't lift them by myself into the back of my truck. Some day, I hope!

Yvonne

Oh.. DUH! Nevermind me, Yvonne!

Status
Not open for further replies.