well guys... this is big.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jojodesca

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Bay Area
If you have no one to help you negotiate the price maybe ask if he can give you a little off for repairs. As for asking family to help you, be careful, you dont want them to think you owe them something...it's better to pay ppl you dont know then to get free favors from family...believe me...its the whole strings attached thing, and holding it over your head you dont want. Or even worse waiting on them to "finish"..lol....get copies of all papers you sign!..and receipts!! take pictures as well...(I have seen too much Judge Judy)

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Weda737 said:
. I'm supposed to meet with him tomorrow and see all the paperwork.

So did you get the meeting and how did the paperwork look?

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
Didn't get to see him today, Meeting tomorrow before work, if all goes well, It will be mine tomorrow. Scared to death guys, everything seems legit, I've been preparing for this for a while, I just have the worst luck though. I'm afraid something will happen and just screw me over. I know you all are saying it's too good to be true, but there are houses out here in good shape with about an acre of land that sell for 25k. I really think this is a good deal, he says he just want's to sell it outright, he's basically selling me the land, the POS mobile home on it is free. I'm going to patch it up, insulate it and all that, then try for something better later. I'd live in a cardboard box as long as I'm on my own land and no one can tell me to leave. :p

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Fingers crossed for the meeting this morning!

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
This is beginning to feel like a cliffhanger.... :D

Weda737

5 Year Member
NC
All went well, wrote up a good contract, even have a backup plan in case something comes up. Had it notarized and all that good stuff. Unless something happens, we should have this payed off in 2 months or less. I'm excited yes. Just not sure if I'm ready for this.

Jacqui

10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
I don't think most of us feel actually ready for the big life changes. Fortunately, we all can usually step up to the plate and make it work for us. Life without challenges and risks would be rather boring and we would not be motivated to grow and be all we can be. You will do fine with this new life change.

Status
Not open for further replies.