Well............he's out there full time now.........pic......

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
I swear he smiled at me when he went into his burrow for the first time...............He ran amok for a little then headed up the little walkway to his main burrow, stuck his head WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out, looked around then ventured inside...........haven't seen him since. lol I think he likes it! Tonight will be the first time he'll be out there all night. I'm nervous, but I know he'll have a blast running around and be much happier in his new home in our backyard...................thanks for all the advice you've given!

DSC03360.JPG

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
I swear he smiled at me when he went into his burrow for the first time...............He ran amok for a little then headed up the little walkway to his main burrow, stuck his head WAYYYYYYYYYYYYY out, looked around then ventured inside...........haven't seen him since. lol I think he likes it! Tonight will be the first time he'll be out there all night. I'm nervous, but I know he'll have a blast running around and be much happier in his new home in our backyard...................thanks for all the advice you've given!

View attachment 78468

Nice looking burrow, It looks like one seem fron a zoo or some professional constructed. The outdoor enclosure is also night animal proofed right?

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
San Jose CA
Looks great. That solid wall of yours are really night animal proof.

It is professional.

jmhoesch

5 Year Member
He had his first night all by his lonesome last night. I just went out there and I don't see him anywhere. I'm hoping he's in his burrow all snug and warm til it gets a bit warmer then hopefully, he'll pop his head out and stomp around. It's a bit chilly outside, about 62 I believe. Should be going up to 88 today. I'm like a worried mama. I'm so used to flipping his light on at a certain time, feeding him, petting his little head and talking to him.

mikeh

5 Year Member
Don't get stressed if you don't see him for next couple hours. The cooler temps and dark burrow may keep him in longer then when he was indoors.