Well my tortoise was making a lot of noise today

Status
Not open for further replies.

cueball

5 Year Member
My girlfriend woke me up and said I think something is wrong with your tortoise. I said why. I said he is making a lot noise in the cage. He is banging up on the side of the cage. I said ahhh he is probably just hungry. Could this be true do tortoises demand to be fed?

tortoisenerd

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Washington
Tortoises can make noise--digging, climbing walls, etc. What type of noise? Vocal, or made by banding the side? My tortoise will stand on his food dish and look up waiting for food, but I have not noticed him banging the side. Care to share more details of this incident, and about how he is kept? Are the lights still on in the enclosure?

Flametorch

5 Year Member
He probably learned of the old roman ways: "Expand or we die" :D just sayin, I'm not in the mind of a tort

...On a more thought of note... he probably can see through his enclosure and wants out, and ignoring all obstacles. My tortoise used to run at the walls for a good hour. I even heard tortoises run perimeter lines

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Calif.
yeah he might be able to see through the sides trying to get out, or see its reflection and trying to show dominance. Its highly doubtful that hes ramming for food.

Status
Not open for further replies.