Wellington or anyone . Any better??

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
I was washing it for too long because of that worry of the cars. I then stupidly realised that there us more growing un my back garden with more choices aswell. I'd been pulling up the best choices when gardening, So now I've got a pot especially for weeds and clover to grow in. Plus pansies that I've specially ordered that I 100% know they havnt had chemicals sprayed on them.
While sprayed chemicals would be bad too, we are also worried about the systemic pesticides that are typically used in store bought plants. These plants are grown in treated soil and the pesticides are taken up into the plants tissues to protect them from insect attack and keep the plants looking pretty and healthy for market. These systemic pesticides can last a year in the plant's tissues. Be careful. Many sellers of plants don't even know about this. I've had a few of them call their suppliers and get a nasty surprise.

cpl1307

Location (City and/or State)
Lancashire
While sprayed chemicals would be bad too, we are also worried about the systemic pesticides that are typically used in store bought plants. These plants are grown in treated soil and the pesticides are taken up into the plants tissues to protect them from insect attack and keep the plants looking pretty and healthy for market. These systemic pesticides can last a year in the plant's tissues. Be careful. Many sellers of plants don't even know about this. I've had a few of them call their suppliers and get a nasty surprise.
Don't worry. I spent a week researching sellers of pansies and other safe plants/Weeds. Read many reviews of sellers and chemical safety. I purchased 24 tiny little plug plant pansies that I'm growing myself in untreated soil aswell as dandelion, sowthistle, hibiscus flowers, nasturtiums and violas. Im growing Clovers. What do you think of them? Are all species of Clovers safe? It's hard to research. And nettles.