Whaaat choo have for me baby? Lemme tell you a lil coon story

jeff kushner

Location (City and/or State)
North of Annapolis
Look who was lounging at the Free Eats restaurant this morning at work! Sorry but I left the flash off since I don't think I would look good in a racoon coat or him hanging off my face.

He has a dilemma though, what you cannot see is that one of the owners sons here, who is responsible for the yard and warehouses had decided to go to battle with the local wildlife over access to the dumpster that you see this guy hanging out on.

The kid was a little shortsighted on this though, the racoon is being held by a snare cable. The kid set snares, not thinking about how he will resolve it from the "Snared position"

I casually asked him thing morning, after he showed me what he had done........ what his game plan was cause it seemed to be that both the kid and the racoon are ensnared!

LMAO.....

No, I did not laugh at the kid, I'm a professional and a mentor but for Gods sake, he didn't see this coming? I know his Dad will "act like a dad", so I speak rationally to him. I first suggest that he waits till daylight to assess......then I suggest that the optics won't be good if either of the two women who work here sees him bashing it with a 10ft piece of 4" steel pipe.....but that I would leave it up to him to solve his problem, but get it done shortly after daybreak.

We'll see what he came up with!

whatchoo have.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Awww poor thing. Live trap would be a good suggestion. Also easier to then relocate the coon without damage to anyone.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Okay, quick update;

Reid was able to lay on the ground, reach up and cut the snare cable loose while another one of our guys kept the racoons attention on top of the dumpster.

The racoon reportedly scampered off unharmed