What’s some fun things to do with a tortoise

CarolM

Location (City and/or State)
South Africa - Cape Town
Sorry for hijacking your post Ndreif16. I hope you figure out that some fun is generally doing sound effects and watching. With maybe a little maze running.. ummm...I meant walking.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Would it be wrong to create a maze for your tort to walk through? You could always put a nice reward (yum yum tort food) at the end. It would give your tort some good exercise. And one could see if the tort remembers and or walks it faster the next time. Obviously it would need to be a tort safe maze.
I like this idea. Enrichment is the name of the game!

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I can't stop thinking about the playing kick-the-can with their tortoise comment. That was so funny. I told one of my friends when he stopped over, and he just got a blank stare on his face. I was waiting for his wheels to start turning and laugh. I was shocked and amazed when he replied are there shells hard enough that you guys do that? I didn't even know where to go with that one, and I'm just thankful he is too busy to own a pet.

vladimir

5 Year Member
Pennsylvania
I can't stop thinking about the playing kick-the-can with their tortoise comment. That was so funny. I told one of my friends when he stopped over, and he just got a blank stare on his face. I was waiting for his wheels to start turning and laugh. I was shocked and amazed when he replied are there shells hard enough that you guys do that? I didn't even know where to go with that one, and I'm just thankful he is too busy to own a pet.
I'll be honest, I saw it was Yvonne posting and as soon as I read "kick the can" I figured she had some game involving a can for the tortoises to play with or something, then I realized she was kidding [emoji16]

Jay Bagley

Michigan
I'll be honest, I saw it was Yvonne posting and as soon as I read "kick the can" I figured she had some game involving a can for the tortoises to play with or something, then I realized she was kidding [emoji16]
I made it through the first sentence when I read it, had to take a double take. Then I started laughing my butt off.

CarolM

South Africa - Cape Town
Ha ha. I think the problem is that us as relative experts ( and I say relative experts because we know enough to do things the right way but not enough that we know all) know that Yvonne was kidding. The person who knows nothing doesn't know that. However from a humanitarian point of view I would think that would be a No no anyway. I am glad your friend does not have any pets either. Although Judging by the look you said he got he was shocked that it was a possibility so he does get 1 point.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Everytime I tried to do fun stuff with Murphy he just looked at me like "Leave me alone Hoooman"

So I went out and bought a dog.....

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Do you think that Murphy will get jealous and play with you now?
Highly doubt it, but he would gladly eat any kibble, or already consumed and exited kibble the dog leaves laying around!