What’s the best Mazuri food for box turtle?

Len B

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va
I offer my eastern box turtles mazuri water tortoise diet and because of the small pellet size they can eat it dry. And they also eat the original mazuri diet that's been moistened. All of the EBT I have live wild in the back yard.

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
I offer my eastern box turtles mazuri water tortoise diet and because of the small pellet size they can eat it dry. And they also eat the original mazuri diet that's been moistened. All of the EBT I have live wild in the back yard.
Thanks for the good information.
Gerry

PJay

5 Year Member
Virginia
I use a few commercial pellets added to fresh foods, including Mazuri water turtle diet and Mazuri small crock chow when feeding box turtles. My favorite for box turtles is Omega One turtle sticks.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
I was thinking of using this as a "subsistence food", one that can always be available, in between regular food. I need to get more food into her enclosure and having a bowl of fresh "kibbles" seems like a good way of ensuring that she always can fill her tummy.

I enjoy feeding her but since she's back outside, she won't be awake when I get up at 1-2 or 3AM(on really good nights). I do get home early though, around 1;30 and she'll be plenty active but I'll miss her morning feedings.....this seems like a good alternative.

gep0322

Platinum Tortoise Club
Birmingham, Alabama
I was thinking of using this as a "subsistence food", one that can always be available, in between regular food. I need to get more food into her enclosure and having a bowl of fresh "kibbles" seems like a good way of ensuring that she always can fill her tummy.

I enjoy feeding her but since she's back outside, she won't be awake when I get up at 1-2 or 3AM(on really good nights). I do get home early though, around 1;30 and she'll be plenty active but I'll miss her morning feedings.....this seems like a good alternative.
FedEx just delivered my order of Mazuri Original 5M21. I’ve already feed Max today. I’ll see how he does with it tomorrow.
Gerry