What’s this?

AquaIce

Location (City and/or State)
Dunlap, IN
Ok so I didn’t notice these last week and there are some on the other side as well just can’t really see them in this pic so I attached another but it’s not the best either. The shell isn’t soft in the spots and there not on the outside I am talking about the red circles. It’s almost transparent. The blue looks to be a small chip or scrape but it looks good and seems to be getting smaller neither of which I noticed last week when we got him. We have had him for a little over a week. He/she is a RF if that even matters. IMG_4087.jpgIMG_4088.jpg

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Could be the start of shell rot. RF need dry top layer of substrate while still having a high humidity. Put some anti fungal cream on it and keep the top layer of substrate dry and see if it clears up

AquaIce

Dunlap, IN
Could be the start of shell rot. RF need dry top layer of substrate while still having a high humidity. Put some anti fungal cream on it and keep the top layer of substrate dry and see if it clears up

The top stays dry but be burrows down to the damp everyday so what should I do?

Redfool

5 Year Member
Central Florida
The red is a thinning of the plastron as it grows. Calcium supplements with its food a couple of times a week will make these go away as it grows. These are common and easily treated.

AquaIce

Dunlap, IN
The red is a thinning of the plastron as it grows. Calcium supplements with its food a couple of times a week will make these go away as it grows. These are common and easily treated.

Seeet thank you I was getting worried :)