What are some of your other interests??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meka

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio, USA
My other interest beside tortoises include fishkeeping (7 tanks with around 375 gallons of water total) and hermit crabs (40 gallon tank with 6 crabs currently) I am also a student in architecture and I love making models and drawings.

So, what are your other interests?

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
I am a scrapbooker! I love to scrap with my friends. I do books for each of my children. I have done them for foster children and things as gifts also. I even go away with my "Scrappin' Hotties" once a year to a convention. Way, way fun!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
You mean there is life other than turtles and tortoises?

I love just about any and all animals (and have a zoo household to prove it :D). Love to just sit and watch them. From watching a butterfly dance on the wind as she flirts from flower to flower, or just how majestic a bald eagle is even if just sitting on a dead tree branch over looking his kingdom. The way a dragonfly's wings look so delicate and catches the sunlight never fails to amaze me. The grace and strength as the horse gallop for the pure pleasure of it across their lot.

I love gardening, not so much the planting or weeding. What I love is the after affects. How you can sit on the computer next to the window and the gentle breeze blows in gently tickling your nose with the faint pleasing scent of roses. On a breezy fall day, watching the tall grasses sway like ballerinas dancing. Running your fingers over the herb bed releasing their wonderful aromas. The rosemary bringing back warm memories of the family gathering around the table for the holidays. Or biting into that very first juicy tomato of the summer, while out in the garden.

I love reading books, especially one that makes you think and figure out who done it or makes you cry as you read. Love authors where you become a part of the story, where your carried away to the story's heart. Those books you hate putting down. My problem is that I will usually read that book in just one day and then wish it would go on and tell more.

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
NJ
Jacqui - you are a poet. How beautiful!

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
i like watching documentaries, hiking, fishing, camping, playing frisbee golf, reading
a lot of other more boring stuff

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
Aside from my other pets and my kids... I love to take photos of the kids and animals. And I collect Cabbage Patch Kids and used to take a lot of photos of them, too! LOL! My torties take up that time now, though!

LeopardLover

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Well, I have two horses and Barrel Race. I've won well over $5,000 and about 3 saddles, buckles, tack stuff like that. I've went to the Semi- Finals in Utah and also in Reno too. I love trail riding, working cows and, next year I will be doing High school rodeo. I breed Leopard geckos. I play Volley Ball for school. And I loving fishing!

clark

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
cape canaveral/cocoa beach florida
hi my name is tim and my hobby is surfing i luv it and cant ever get enough of it.I even take clark my tortoise to the beach.Clark seems to enjoy it to he loves digging in the sand and like me i think he enjoys the warmth of the sand between his toes.I must say though that taking a sulcata to the beach is a task at hand there are many predators that inhabit the shore lines of florida from hawks to seagulls to snakes.I am never more than 5 feet from him at all times.when i surf i dont think i dont remember i dont care nothing matters and no problem is to big.Its an out of body feeling being on the water watching the sun rise u cant tell where heaven stops and earth begins.

S

squirtle

clark said:
hi my name is tim and my hobby is surfing i luv it and cant ever get enough of it.I even take clark my tortoise to the beach.Clark seems to enjoy it to he loves digging in the sand and like me i think he enjoys the warmth of the sand between his toes.I must say though that taking a sulcata to the beach is a task at hand there are many predators that inhabit the shore lines of florida from hawks to seagulls to snakes.I am never more than 5 feet from him at all times.when i surf i dont think i dont remember i dont care nothing matters and no problem is to big.Its an out of body feeling being on the water watching the sun rise u cant tell where heaven stops and earth begins.

Me, too! Me, too!!!

Attachments

• 100_1924.jpg
    100_1924.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 29
  • 100_1930.jpg
    100_1930.jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 25

Vegas Chad

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
What else? Hmmmm

I breed chameleons and bearded dragons… I am trying to get a business going with that at the start of the year actually… I like the outdoors, playing paintball, going to the sand dunes, playing PS3, hanging out with my friends, Building combat robots (battlebots) www.teamwazio.com is my site… Love to spend lots of time in my garage like most men. Just trying to live life and have a great time doing it! :)

A

Amy

I loooove to cook and one day hope to have a fantastic herb and vegetable garden where I can just walk outside and add ingredients to my dishes. I also love to read- my next book is the bestseller- "Water for Elephants" which my dad recomended to me - I heard it's great- if anyone else has read this one please tell me what they thought!
I also love the beach and have grown up surfing but haven't gotten back to it for over a year. As much as I love to watch movies I rarely have the opportunity- my favorites are anything Tim Burton and action thrillers.
My other love is sports- especially baseball (Angels) and college basketball- Go UCLA!

jason longboard

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
clark said:
i was going to ask wher you surf since i do too but see you are on the other side of the states.im in cali.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
I have no other interests, besides making money.

alfiethetortoise

10 Year Member!
England
Ha ha, good one!

I used to play the violin, but i dont find time to practice properly these days (though i would if i spent less time on here!). I read a lot of books. My type of book is varied, from Shakespeare to Huxley to Keats to Gaardner to Picoult to Bernieres. At the moment, i am quite into real life style moral dilemna books. I read about four books a week, and i read very fast (over 12 syllabals a second according to brain training!) I like to travel, swim, play draughts. Um, otherwise, i sit around various different village halls drinking tea while toddlers run amok!

terracolson

5 Year Member
Sacramento
I am still figuring myself out... I have tried Scrap booking, I really liked it, but my son tends to make a mess of it, so it will have to wait till I can leave the scissors and glue out with no worries, Tried skateboarding, broke my leg in to spots the second day..... but i have to say...

My life contains, a 4 yr old son, turtle club meetings, Volunteering my time with elderly people, digging in the dirt outside with my son, looking at my 800 dollar bicycle and wondering WTF i bought it for, Promoting my husbands DJ business, hosting underground House Parties....and learning to control my anxiety issues....

yeap thats me...

terryo

10 Year Member!
Staten Island, New York
What a great thread. Most of the people we haven't heard from for a while, but it's fun to re-open these old threads.
I love gardening, reading, hiking in the local trails with my grand-kids, and enjoying everything Manhattan has to offer...plays, shopping, great restaurants....just walking around, cause I love NY.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Besides building, cleaning and rearranging tortoise pens, I'm an avid reader! I work outside with the tortoises and caring for my property until lunch time, then after I eat, I read! READ!!

dreadyA

5 Year Member
southern cal.
I love playing the drums but I can't due to living in an apartment now! Same goes with torts!:(
I love playing soccer too

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
Flying around in little airplanes, playing video games, coin collecting, tutoring, doing Army stuff, catering, gambling (poker), sleeping

Status
Not open for further replies.